How to separate eyelashes when doing extensions besides using tweezers?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ferres

Reaction score
Hello
I am posting to see is there anyone has some new way to seperate eyelashes for individual extension?
I use tweezer to seperate but sometimes it's still hard when my clients' eyelash volume is large....

I got a non irritation glue and do want to do it to myself...thinking about use the sticky tape to fix the other eyelashes first but not so easy...

So let me know if anyone has some new seperating tools or ways?
Thanks.

I want some! They look amazing! Not too sure about all of the tweezers though.

This product has been around for ages. Every now and then it pops up on here (and the question is usually posted by a newbie who has an involvement with the company)

Personally, i think it's a useless gimmick.

The time taken to set it up would make it completely impractical.

Isolation is a skill that just takes practice. No gimmick or gadget will ever take the place of this.

Taping up can help but I wouldn't waste my money on this contraption

This product has been around for ages. Every now and then it pops up on here (and the question is usually posted by a newbie who has an involvement with the company)

Personally, i think it's a useless gimmick.

The time taken to set it up would make it completely impractical.

Isolation is a skill that just takes practice. No gimmick or gadget will ever take the place of this.

Taping up can help but I wouldn't waste my money on this contraption

I second the gimmick thing. One of those things you store in a drawer after using twice :) don't waste your hard earned cash. Practice practice practice way more rewarding. :D

Thanks. Think I will give a pass to this product. I called them and they told me it's $300 one pair.
It's made in Asian .
Way too expensive .
I will try to tape up to separate.

The reason I am looking for a good separator is that I want to do the eyelash to myself . Hard to separate my eyelash with the tweezer while need to use my right hand doing the extension ...

Isn't almost impossible and a bit dangerous to apply eyelashes to yourself? Strip ones, yeah but SP? You would only be using one eye, and could easily make a mistake. Why not trade services with another lasher?

I can open both eyes with a Korean glue .
And I plan to have a home salon and got a lot of material and just want to do it to myself.
Plus there is hardly a d curve service in Sydney.
The point is that I feel it's possible since I can open both eyes with the glue and no feeling at all .
I tried to tape up and seperate lashes to the upper lid yesterday and I paste it to the downside of the isolated eyelash. It worked easily .

I will still practice more to separate them!

And I plan to have a home salon and got a lot of material and just want to do it to myself.
The point is that I feel it's possible since I can open both eyes with the glue and no feeling at all .
I tried to tape up and seperate lashes to the upper lid yesterday and I paste it to the downside of the isolated eyelash. It worked easily .

This is intended to give you information, not criticize:

I am a trainer in Canada, and Health Canada regulations state that all eyelash glue is supposed to be used on the clients with their eyes closed. One of the reasons is because exposure to the fumes (whether you can feel them or not) over time CAN cause an intolerance to the glue. If this was me, I would value my training way too much to take the chance that lashing myself would expose me to fumes that could potentially end my career. I have come in contact with many lash techs who have had to quit lashing because THEY react to the glue when they do the extensions. Whatever you decide, best of luck to you.

I'm sorry but that's total madness.

I agree fully with eyelash addict, and would like to add, why would you risk doing this procedure with your eyes open when your eye sight and health of your eyes is such a precious thing!

Find another tech to do a lash swap with if you don't want to pay!

Thanks gals ! Yeah I feel swap service with another therapist is a good idea ! I met one gal nearby in the eyelash extension training and we plan to do that.

Latest posts

Back