How To Set Up Hive Wax Heater?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

p_prod_uk

Reaction score
Hi guys, I've just bought a Hive 500x wax heater and starter kit as I want to wax my own legs at home to save money.

The instructions didn't give much away though with regards to setting it up and what temp you need it at etc!

Please could someone tell me exactly how to use the heater?

The starter kit has come with a pot of Gold Warm Wax. Do I put this inside the heater's metal inner pot/bucket and just heat up? If so, what temp? Do I heat on full then turn down once fully melted? If so, what temp should I turn down to and how long for before testing the wax? (don't want to burn myself!)

The kit has also come with 3 plastic 'collars' - I presume I put the wax pot inside the heater and then put one of these plastic collars over the heat pot to keep spills from creating mess?

As I'm only going to be waxing my own legs, I won't be using a full pot of wax each time. Once I've finished each waxing session, can I turn off the machine, leave the wax to cool, then screw the top of waxing tub back on to keep for next time?

I've also got a wax cleaner in the kit, can this be used all over the inside of the machine if necessary to clean up spilled wax?

Also, anything that I've missed out that I'd need to know for setting up the wax heater?

Sorry for so many 'simpleton' questions! Once I know what I'm doing I'l be ok!

Thanks in advance, Nicky

I wouldn't advise non-professionals to wax themselves using professional products, therefore will not advise you on how to heat wax. You are not only at risk of burning yourself but also bruising and skin tearing/grazing.

:eek:Hi Nicky,
I wouldn't do it.. wax myself that is.. you cant be therapist and client at the same time you need to be a professional as you can seriously burn your self, tear skin off, bruise yourself, infect yourself etc. and generally get in a mess. If you read on these pages many professionals ask on here for help and advice .. you can't get your body in the correct positions and wax yourself..so DON'T do it.. I think everyone on here who's a waxer or a waxee wouldnt advise it... because the next trip could be to the hospital for many many reasons the best thing I could say is sell your kit and get professionally waxed or if you are really strapped for cash offer to be a guinea pig on Salon Guinea Pig - Find models for practising hair, beauty and nails treatments, college courses, training courses, competitions, etc. which is a site for people who are searching for people who are willing to let newly trained and INSURED practice on them for a donation relative to the procedure being done.:)
J

Hi Nicky:confused:

Please be carefull if you dont know what you are doing, I really dont know of anyone that can wax themself.

Please take note what Jocko has written:lol:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back