How to stop Facebook no shows

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I need a bit of advice!

After working out that the majority of my recent no shows were all from new clients who booked on Facebook and Insta I've no implemented a 'no bookings via social media' stance. However the first client who I politely messaged asking to ring the salon to arrange replied asking why I bothered to have a Facebook page if I'm not going to sort appointments out on there!

I want to draft a bulletproof message to send, I was thinking something along the lines of:

Unfortunately we do not arrange appointments via social media due to the potential of miscommunication and/or undelivered messages. If you would like to arrange an appointment, please contact the salon on (phone number). Our opening times can be viewed on our page

What do people think?
Thanks

Sounds good to me. Polite and also gives enough information and justification. If they can't be bothered to call maybe they won't be bothered to turn up.

I only advertise through Facebook and rarely get texts, calls or WhatsApp messages, just Facebook messenger so it would seem strange that it's only Facebook clients being an issue.

I do have a deposit system in place for ALL new clients though, maybe you could try this?

Yeah I think that's fine, 9 times out of 10 they are on Facebook on their phones so why not just call? Sounds fine to me! Xx

All my clients with the exception of 2 book through FB and/of my online booking button on my page.

I only advertise through Facebook and rarely get texts, calls or WhatsApp messages, just Facebook messenger so it would seem strange that it's only Facebook clients being an issue.

I do have a deposit system in place for ALL new clients though, maybe you could try this?

Facebook is my main advertising source but I would say since I've opened my bookings although I get a lot of bookings from Facebook, I feel when someone arranges an appointment by Facebook it's like it's not 'serious' and I'm sick of the no shows. When people see my page and ring to make an appointment I can guarantee they will show up. I just find it really strange, mainly as I wouldn't do it myself!

I always ask for a phone number from people that enquire through Facebook. I don't book anyone in unless I have sent them a text and they have replied and confirmed. Most of my clients are through recommendations, but those that book through FB tend to be those that no show. It's fine as an initial point of contact but it's too unreliable as a booking system.

I've found that Facebook appointments are usually made out of salon hours
I mostly have my appointment book handy, but not always.....so have had to ask clients to call the salon and leave a message
Some do.......others can't be bothered lifting the phone :/

I found that Facebook bookings were the ones who were generally the No-Shows, even if I had corresponded with lots of info etc.
Now I state in the 'Services' section at the top of the page - "To book an appointment phone xxxxxxxx"

If someone messages, I answer queries but ask them to phone me to arrange their appointment.
If they phone, they are genuine, if they can't be bothered then no appointment made. Simples!!

Since implementing this system 3 months ago I have had no No-Shows at all. I think it is all about making a personal connection with them.
I'm always amazed at how many people phone to book without the slightest idea where I am!!
:)

I agree, I find about 50% of Facebook appts don't turn up

It's as if the forget you're an actual person until they meet you, so weird

Hi Emily,
What is your deposit system for all new clients? I have no shows even if new people have come into the salon to book! As well as fb no shows etc.
Just last week I had someone book a double nail app to not show up and she was a new client. Wondered what your deposit system is and how you implement it? Thanks X

I need a bit of advice!

After working out that the majority of my recent no shows were all from new clients who booked on Facebook and Insta I've no implemented a 'no bookings via social media' stance. However the first client who I politely messaged asking to ring the salon to arrange replied asking why I bothered to have a Facebook page if I'm not going to sort appointments out on there!

I want to draft a bulletproof message to send, I was thinking something along the lines of:

Unfortunately we do not arrange appointments via social media due to the potential of miscommunication and/or undelivered messages. If you would like to arrange an appointment, please contact the salon on (phone number). Our opening times can be viewed on our page

What do people think?
Thanks
I have a Facebook page to advertise. I rarely take bookings through it. Unfortunately, most people who have trouble with no shows cite Facebook as the common denominator!

Implementing a booking fee can help as can an online booking system.

Just be aware that you can't call it a deposit, it's a booking fee.

Vic x

90% of my (new) business comes through FB these days and (touch wood!!) I rarely, if ever, get no-shows. BUT.... I always insist on a contact phone number and if booked more than a week in advance, confirm the appointment by text 24 hours before. For you guys who won't take a FB booking and ask for phone appointments.... you know you can set up a "Call Now" link on your FB page? No excuse for clients not to call then.

Hi Emily,
What is your deposit system for all new clients? I have no shows even if new people have come into the salon to book! As well as fb no shows etc.
Just last week I had someone book a double nail app to not show up and she was a new client. Wondered what your deposit system is and how you implement it? Thanks X
They pay a £10 deposit into my bank or PayPal.

Latest posts

Back