how to stop gel pots leaking

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stanleyann

squeeky macgeeky
Reaction score
i have some pots of gel that are leaking like mad.......i have cleaned them all up and they are stored upright on a level base but the gel still seems to be seeping out, its as if there is some sort of pressure in the pots once i close the lids and thats what is causing the gel to be pushed out......does this make sense and could that be what the problem is?

curious as to why this is happening :confused:

stanleyann

Are these pots of gel being used?

Could it be when you wipe the side of your gel brush on the side of your pot and it goes around the thread at the top?

the pots of gel have been played around with but not used every day.....i sooooo want to be able to do gel but i just cant get the hang of it :irked: .......i've just seen some brisa gel for the first time and it looks great to work with so thats got my wee brain working overtime again regarding gel.....lol

anyway, i have cleaned round the lids of the pots but still the gel seeps out....it only happens on some pots....not them all :confused:

stanleyann

It sounds as if the containers are faulty, can't say it's a problem I've ever had myself.
Are there any visible cracks in the pots? Have they been dropped at some point?

the pots seem ok and i'm not aware of them ever being dropped......its a strange one indeed :confused:

stanleyann

Hi I have the same problem with my gel pots form nsi, i wipe them and store them upright but they still leak!

I had this problem too, and it is because inside the lid of each pot of gel there should be a circle of shiny cardboard stuff, but somtimes this falls out and gets lost. If you check the inside of the lids of the leaky pots against the lids of the non leaky pots you should see the difference. Hope this helps, it solved my problem!

i do only gels and all my pots are leaking.The gel seems to run up the edge and down.Nobody could expalin to me why this happens,but it seems * normal* as i have it with most my pots from different companies.

Andrea

Hi I have the same problem with my gel pots form nsi, i wipe them and store them upright but they still leak!

Hi

I use NSI and have this problem too. It drives me up the wall. I kept meaning to ring them up but never did. The "Finish clear" is especially bad for this :confused:

Hi

I use NSI and have this problem too. It drives me up the wall. I kept meaning to ring them up but never did. The "Finish clear" is especially bad for this :confused:

This is exactly what I was going to say too. I still have the little plastic lid that sits on top of the pot before screwing the lid on and yet it still leaks.

I clean round the threads before putting lid back on and it doesnt seem to matter how full or empty the pots are,

I think the gel must expand overnight and run out lol.

This is exactly what I was going to say too. I still have the little plastic lid that sits on top of the pot before screwing the lid on and yet it still leaks.

I clean round the threads before putting lid back on and it doesnt seem to matter how full or empty the pots are,

I think the gel must expand overnight and run out lol.

Do you think it's worth speaking to NSI or is it just something we should accept?

I'll call em now I think, I'm in the mood hehe.

Ok she is going to call me back. She said that if it was just one person then she would have said that the pot was the problem but as there is a few of us that have the same problem with the gel then it maybe a packaging problem. I know they have recently changed from the white pots to the silver pots so I wonder if this has something to do with it?

She is going to speak to some guy called Phillip in the warehouse and cal me back.

HTH

Rachel

P.S. Bear with me for an update as I am having a new kitchen today so may not be able to get online til later. They are only an hour late atm!!!!

I've been having the same problem with mine from NSI too, but only the clear finish gel :eek: :eek:

Thats brill hun let us know when ever you can

ITS ALIVE !!!.
I had it too but its because i was wiping the excess gel back in the pot its stopped a bit now.

OK, she just called me back, apparently its just something that is a problem with most gels.

If the pots warm up at all then the problem will get worse so make sure they are kept cool, not near a radiator or anywhere where they could get warm. I am now turning the radiator off in my nail room. It getting warmer outside too so it should be ok.

Maybe if you call them, they can help you out too!!!!!!!

HTH

Rachel

OK, she just called me back, apparently its just something that is a problem with most gels.

If the pots warm up at all then the problem will get worse so make sure they are kept cool, not near a radiator or anywhere where they could get warm. I am now turning the radiator off in my nail room. It getting warmer outside too so it should be ok.

Maybe if you call them, they can help you out too!!!!!!!

HTH

Rachel

I just phoned up and the lady said that she will send me a replacement pot out in the post tonight. She also said taht she had just had another lady on the phone saying the same thing and it must be a problem with the batch.

So I think it's worth phoning up about

ITS ALIVE !!!.
I had it too but its because i was wiping the excess gel back in the pot its stopped a bit now.

I always used to say this too, it was embaressing sometimes when you go to pick up a pot of gel and it was stuck down lol. I would say to clients "I am sure this stuff is alive" lol

I had one pot that never seemed to get any more empty, no matter how much i used, then all of a sudden the pot was only 1/3 full and it seemed to have happened overnight.

Rachel xx

We have the same problem - we thought we were going mad!

It leaks from the pot no matter how you store it.....

Latest posts

Back