how to tell clients about a price increase!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I read your letter and I agree with the others that you don't need to name the reasons for increasing your prizes.

As for the discounts you can use the word special offer or gift for your regular clients.

I also cannot see why the word discount sounds unprofessional. There are a lot of professions as VHunter said that use this word. It's the competition that makes this things to happen and how to attract people to buy something or be treated to a particular service or get to know you. That does not mean that you have to undersell yourself.

Unfortunately nail business belong to this professions. Why? Because people believe that they can do themselves :irked: or they find it a luxury (at least where I live). In other words they can live without it.

But doctors, lawyers, dentists etc are needed. When people are in need they cannot do otherwise and pay a visit. That's why they don't give any discounts.
Especially doctors...:confused:

This is just my opinion and I would agree to give a special offer to your loyal clients in January. This will make them feel special.

Good luck!!!

I NEVER give discounts, not to new clients, nor to loyal clients. The price is set and that's it. What I do for my loyal clients is that I treat them good, I always try to change their appointment if they need to (call another client to swap appointments) and I ALWAYS give them nice nails. They are happy with it and I am happy with it. Business is business. Luckily at least 50% of my clientbase have their own company, so they know all about business.

C.

But doctors, lawyers, dentists etc are needed. When people are in need they cannot do otherwise and pay a visit. That's why they don't give any discounts.
Especially doctors...:confused:
Good luck!!!

But it's your job to get them to understand they NEED to get their nails done (by doing the best work) My clients say they could never live without their nails! They are SO happy after their appointment that they gladly pay me what I ask for.

C.

I NEVER give discounts, not to new clients, nor to loyal clients. The price is set and that's it. What I do for my loyal clients is that I treat them good, I always try to change their appointment if they need to (call another client to swap appointments) and I ALWAYS give them nice nails. They are happy with it and I am happy with it. Business is business.

C.

this is exactly the way I feel.....
I may give the occasional % off of retail items....but I never give a "discount" to new, long standing or loyal clients....sounds stingy I know.....But I'm confident I'm worth every penny I charge.....

I also never send out letters when increasing my prices.....

I simply make up a few signs stating that there will be a price increase at such and such time .... and put them in a prominent area where they are for sure to see them .......
I do however give a couple of months notice so clients can be prepared ....

I recently increased my prices and just put a small explanation notice in the salon for a couple of weeks before and after the price increase. In all that time I only had one person comment regarding the price increase. I forget the exact wording but something like ((due to increased overheads prices on a few treatments will increase from >>>Date. We continue to provide our customers with excellent treatments at reasonable prices. Thanking you for your continued support)) - A lot of my customers are hairdressers, and they all explained to me that they increase their prices annually that way it doesn't seem such a large amount.

Hope this helps
Diane

Latest posts

Back