How to tint the skin when tinting the brow?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JennyL

Reaction score
I am not sure if this has been asked already, I have tried searching but couldn't find the answer I wanted. I do a lot of brow shaping and tinting, I use refectocil and would like to know how to get a fuller look by tinting the skin.

I was taught at college only to tint the hair. When I have tried to get a fuller look by tinting the skin I find it looks patchy with the hair looking a lot darker, I am not happy with the results I produce, so thought I would ask for advice. (I do a lot of make-up so I know how to advise and how to show clients to apply make up to get a fuller look if needed).

I personally do not like the look of tinted skin, it never looks realistic and only lasts a day or two max.

If you want to tint the skin you just leave in on for a bit longer.. this will of course make the hair a bit darker.

If you are trying to fill in a particular gap in the brow remove the tint completely from the brow and reapply only the gap.

I really hope Kim lawless doesn't mind me posting this.

Kim had some amazing advice on this the other day on another thread, I have copied & pasted it as its definitely handy to know :)

"You tint the brows in the normal way and when you're happy with the shade and you've wiped the tint off, then re-apply tint but only to the skin where there is no hair at all and leave that on for much longer to try to create a match of colour with the skin and the brow hair
I then take a cocktail stick and score hair strokes through the tint so that it looks like real brows and not solid. Take a cotton bud and perfect the finished shape."

Latest posts

Back