How to use CND Cuticle Away?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emmalou91x

Reaction score
I have used this for the first time today. It does say to remove, wash hands with soap and water. I am working in a converted garage so for the client to wash there hands they would need to go back through into my kitchen. Then come back into the salon, Can u just clean this off well with scrub fresh? Or what does everyone else do? xx

keep a little spray bottle with soapy water at your station. then when it's time to remove the cuticle away, simply spray and wipe away.

keep a little spray bottle with soapy water at your station. then when it's time to remove the cuticle away, simply spray and wipe away.

That's exactly what I do. You cannot just use Scrubfresh because you need soap and water to de-activate the Cuticle Away. If you Scrubfresh without rinsing first your products will lift.

Hth's

I was told you can you cool blue as well. That's what I use. X

I was told you can you cool blue as well. That's what I use. X

No CND educator told you that. You use soap and water. Very easy with a spray bottle and a nice clean towel.

Oh noo, i just wiped well with scrub fresh :(. Least it was my best friend i tried it on.

Hi. What sort of soap do you all use. Is there any i shouldnt use? Im abit worried about using cuticle away :( im planning on having a spray bottle if/when i do use it then towel dry or spray on to cotton pad and wipe well?

Hi. What sort of soap do you all use. Is there any i shouldnt use? Im abit worried about using cuticle away :( im planning on having a spray bottle if/when i do use it then towel dry or spray on to cotton pad and wipe well?

At the moment I'm using some swanky Molton Brown soap :) Had some left in a little travel size bottle. I don't think it matters what soap you use, just as long as there's enough to make the water soapy in order to deactivate the CA.

Spray directly onto client's nails and dry thoroughly with a clean towel. Scrubfresh after doing that.

I use an empty hand wash bottle that had a little left in the bottom and added water. I then pump a little on a cotton pad and clean nails. Xxx

I have used this for the first time today. It does say to remove, wash hands with soap and water. I am working in a converted garage so for the client to wash there hands they would need to go back through into my kitchen. Then come back into the salon, Can u just clean this off well with scrub fresh? Or what does everyone else do? xx

I love CND Cuticle Away. Even if my client is just having a basic Manicure without polish i still use it.
Cuticle Away allows you to remove non-living cuticle tissue from the surface of the nail plate that is often stained by tanning products, food colouring or anything else that stains dead skin, without swelling the nail plate or causing any damage.
I am a fan of using a spray bottle with water and one teeny squirt of quality liquid soap (no need for a bubble bath), and towel drying. Using the cloth towel to dry after spraying with water really lets you rub away dead skin that otherwise would require nipping. Anything that reduces the need for nipping at skin I am wholeheartedly in favour of :)

Hope you enjoy using the product and seeing the results!

I use nail harmony products. Can i use cuticle away then nh cleanse? Im worried about using too many products. It is mainly acrylic nails.
I would be using cuticle away then soap n water. Then scrubfresh?, my ph bond, pro bond then acrylic.

I use hand soak/wash that I use for normal manicures and if you're in your garage you could put it in the hand bowl and then just wipe it off if you find that easier than a spray bottle. Other than that my clients just wash their hands with their own soap!

I use a squirt of CND Scentsations in my spray bottle which I match in with which ever CND Lotion is in my kit bag.
It gives them a double whammy with the lovely smells and they always end up asking (if I haven't told them) what it is and how much it costs.

I've never trusted myself with a spray bottle just in case I miss some and get lifting! I'm a bit anal though so I just get clients to give their hands a good scrub in the bathroom with warm soapy water. It's good that way because everyone wants to know "what that gorgeous smelling soap is" and then I can retail Scentsations ;)

It might waste more time than using a spray and wiping dry but it puts my mind at ease and clients are more than happy to have hands that smell like Grapefruit and Honeysuckle :D

xxx

I use a menda pump and put my soap and water solution in there, then pump it onto a nail wipe and scrub away!

If you re read Fees post above, she spray her clients nails then with a little towel gives them a really good rub!!

Either way your not going to 'miss' any! Stop worrying to much :)

I've never trusted myself with a spray bottle just in case I miss some and get lifting! I'm a bit anal though so I just get clients to give their hands a good scrub in the bathroom with warm soapy water. It's good that way because everyone wants to know "what that gorgeous smelling soap is" and then I can retail Scentsations ;)

It might waste more time than using a spray and wiping dry but it puts my mind at ease and clients are more than happy to have hands that smell like Grapefruit and Honeysuckle :D

xxx

You will find if you use Fee's way with the Spray bottle and a small towel that you make a better job removing all the CA than your clients can by washing.
You will be able to get right down into the lateral folds with the towel, this is something clients won't do if washing it off themselves.
:hug:

You will find if you use Fee's way with the Spray bottle and a small towel that you make a better job removing all the CA than your clients can by washing.
You will be able to get right down into the lateral folds with the towel, this is something clients won't do if washing it off themselves.
:hug:

Thanks Hun but I give them a nail brush to use so they are definitely being thorough! I can hear them scrubbing away and there's a sign above the sink saying "please use the soap and nail brush provided then dry your hands thoroughly with the pink towel hanging up" :) No lifting so far!

Thanks for the tip though, it's ok whilst I'm in my home salon with an en suite but if I ever go elsewhere it may not be practical and I will use the other method :hug:

xxx

Like Fee, I use a soap and water pump (1 pump CND Scentsations in a spray bottle of water), spray the nails well and towel dry. You NEED soap and water to deactivate the active ingredient in the Cuticle Away. Oh, and top tip: I use little face cloths/flannels instead of hand towels for rubbing/drying the nails... They are the perfect size for the job and reduce my laundry load! 😊

xxx

How do u do the feet? X

Latest posts

Back