How to use CND Cuticle Away?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like Fee, I use a soap and water pump (1 pump CND Scentsations in a spray bottle of water), spray the nails well and towel dry. You NEED soap and water to deactivate the active ingredient in the Cuticle Away. Oh, and top tip: I use little face cloths/flannels instead of hand towels for rubbing/drying the nails... They are the perfect size for the job and reduce my laundry load! 😊

I do the same as you! I use baby face cloths (had TONNES from baby shower gifts that I never used) and they work great and I love not having to use my big towels.

I use nail harmony products. Can i use cuticle away then nh cleanse? Im worried about using too many products. It is mainly acrylic nails.
I would be using cuticle away then soap n water. Then scrubfresh?, my ph bond, pro bond then acrylic.

Stick to your system.

Stick to your system.

Hi Geeg, Thank you for your reply. Do you mean maybe not use the cuticle away? I have only ever been taught a dry prep, but the cuticles im coming across could do with a cuticle remover product, but obviously im worried about using too many different products, dont know what to do :(

x

I love Cuticle Away, its my favourite product, it does such a good job.

I apply a dot to all 10 nails and spread it around the eponychium and sidewalls with my pusher, then I go back over each nail scraping the cuticle away, then remove CA with a cotton wool pad soaked in a soap and water solution. I do the same for toes.

Emmalou I hope you dont mind me answering your question, but Geeg is right you need to stick with one system rather than mixing and matching. If the system you use recommends a dry prep but you prefer a prep that uses a cuticle removing agent you should consider changing your preferred system to one that does recommend a cuticle remover. Using products that your system doesnt recommend just isnt worth it because you dont know what the adverse effects could be and you could end up losing clients over it.

I was also told by a CND educator to use Cool Blue to deactivate the Cuticle Away. Of course that was several years before Shellac came out. I just put a couple of drops in a spray bottle and fill with water and shake.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SalonGeek

i know this sounds weird but ever since i used cuticle away on my friend her wart on her thumb disappeared! lol she was like what r u using?? but not complaining nontheless

I was also told by a CND educator to use Cool Blue to deactivate the Cuticle Away. Of course that was several years before Shellac came out. I just put a couple of drops in a spray bottle and fill with water and shake.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SalonGeek

It may be something some one said, but this is not a recommendation from CND.

CND instructions are really very simple .... A very small amount of a liquid soap (I use Scentsations hand and body wash) and top up with water in a spray bottle, or have the client wash and rinse her hands.

I have been doing nails for nearly 10 years and I never have any probs, apart for about 3 clients. After reading yr posts I used the soap and dispenser after apply cuticle away...omg geeks I love you! U solved my difficult clients! They love u and so do I! Keep all the good tips comming! Thank u guys x x x

Latest posts

Back