How would you respond to client if their Shellac has not lasted 2 weeks?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaz Pinkies

Reaction score
Hi ladies. I have just had a query from a client to say her shellac has chipped on a couple of fingers after a week and shouldn't it last 2 weeks!
Not quite sure how to respond to her. Would you give her a free appointment or offer her a half price appointment next time just to show customer service? I don't have many issues usually so don't really know how to respond to this. Any suggestions welcome. Thanks.

Absolutely not. You cannot guarantee your work will last 14 days on anyone! How on earth do you know what she's been doing with her nails? Picking labels, biting or picking her Shellac. Not apply cuticle oil, not wearing gloves for cleaning/washing up......the list is endless. It could be down the quality and strength of her nails underneath too. Do you give all clients aftercare advice/sheets at their initial consultation??

I say to my ladies UP to 2weeks so I'm covered, I never say they will last 2 weeks.

I wouldn't give any freebies after a week.
I would suggest to the client that she paint over her nails to get her through to her next appointment/ removal.
When you see her next discuss wearing paler colours so regrowth/ chips show up less.

Giving clients a detailed homecare sheet of advice on looking after their shellac I find stops them moaning as they never follow instructions and they know it! Hence no whinging
[emoji3]

Thanks ladies. Yes I always give a homecare advice sheet at their initial consultation. She opted for Black Pool so it's obviously very noticeable if they've chipped. I even have clients sign a disclaimer which states that they are not guaranteed and are their responsibility after treatment. I will message her back with some of your advice and see what response she has. Thank you.

Thanks ladies. Yes I always give a homecare advice sheet at their initial consultation. She opted for Black Pool so it's obviously very noticeable if they've chipped. I even have clients sign a disclaimer which states that they are not guaranteed and are their responsibility after treatment. I will message her back with some of your advice and see what response she has. Thank you.

Perhaps this the type of client who you should sell a matching bottle of vinylux and top coat to? [emoji3]

Perhaps this the type of client who you should sell a matching bottle of vinylux and top coat to? [emoji3]

I say to my ladies UP to 2weeks so I'm covered, I never say they will last 2 weeks.

I say exactly the same thing and I emphasise the importance of solar oil, wearing gloves whilst washing up etc.

I also explain that some clients have a moist/oily nail plate and it won't last that the full 2 weeks (I use myself as an example for this one) xx

Thanks. I've messaged her but yet to have a response back! [emoji57]

I repair foc within 7 days...after that I charge for repairs. I ask if they havd done everything I advised and usually they havent! Doesnt happen often.

Latest posts

Back