Hpv vaccine

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VillageNails

Reaction score
Over the last week have found out some info and wondered about your views and experiences
hpv vaccine will be given to year 8 girls - then catch up programme will do sixth form next year then work backwards(as well as doing all girls when they reach year 8 - ongoing)
I have a daughter aged 14 in year 10 who will not get the jab until at least 2 years time.
The government have chosen a drug that protects against 2 strains of hpv(the drug used in the states or some parts of europe protects against 4 strains and genital warts)
my primary care trust have confirmed gp's will not do any child other than in the specified programme
to have the jabs privately will cost in the region of £400-500
chit chat any-one?

i have to say i have spent the past two years having 3-6 monthly smears due to abnormal ones caused by hpv.....i have just got back from a consultants app. along with another smear this morning, its a virus in our bodies that from time to time flair up similar to that of cold soars....the difference being this one can causes cancer.

i wish i had had the opportunity to have the vaccine when i was that age, its a very undignified process what im goin thru at the mo, biopsies are painful and the constant worry knowing what could happen down the line is not good. obviously i would say the wider protecting vaccine would always be the best option but at the end of the day, its more than i got the option of, and if it stops girls goin thru what i am, its a good thing

Last edited:
Your daughter should get it shouldnt she??

My sis is due for it soon, and then my daughters will sytematically get it when they go secondary school. I have mixed feelings about it. I feel we give so many injections against things that a) we are at risk of other side effects from the injection - although these are rare in comparison to the risk of what the injection is for and b) creating an ever harsher and more agressive version of the disease they try to vaccinate against!

If it saves one life though its worth it and I will let my kids have it but I will still teach them safe sex. Using condoms can also help prevent these diseases, but the government need to educate these young girls about why they are having the vaccine. They along with parents need to teach children about safe sex and self respect. I know a lot of girls have the contraception injection and presume there 'safe'. It frightens me how few youngsters are actually frightened of contracting an STD or HIV.

xx

us woman can all get hpv, whether uv been with one partner or 200, it is actually less common to not suffer from it at some point then it is to.

if you have ever suffered from an abnormal smear the likely hood is its been caused by hpv. ur body will normally fight it and u wont ever need treatment.

safe sex is always the best option but this isnt like ur standard std's.

Latest posts

Back