Husbands/boyfriends..nails..do they mix?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yummymummynails

Reaction score
Ok, so I'm always thinking of nails, researching new ideas, reading...its my passion.....

But hey, my husband loves watching his crime dramas....

So why is it he just can't understand why I find nails, beauty interesting.. He's always like, 'not this again...all it is is getting a brush and painting a finger nail., I just dnt get it..' Lolol

Just wondering what others partners think of the nail profession????

This is just for fun...of course we love our other halfs....just interested!!!!

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using SalonGeek

P.s. of course let's not forget the male nail techs....how does your partner find it!?!?

xx

Mine collects my nails mag and nail pro for the po box in his lunch will read them ,
Then he brings them home and tells me all the spoilers!
Drives me nuts.......

My ex girl friend loved the business I'm in, as she really didn't pay for anything to get done, nails, hair, massage, microdermabrasion, spray tanning, facials, she loved it all. She was a little catty about the other girls in the salon but that's just her.

Mine says I am obsessed. When I show him some I am proud of he says that's like me showing a radiator he sells plumbing equipment lol xxx

My ex girl friend loved the business I'm in, as she really didn't pay for anything to get done, nails, hair, massage, microdermabrasion, spray tanning, facials, she loved it all. She was a little catty about the other girls in the salon but that's just her.

What a very lucky girl!

Mine helps me with the business side of things (used to be a co. director) and agrees to be my model when I need one at short notice. I've even taught him how to wrap my nails and remove my Shellac/Gelish. He has a very good technique. :eek:

My man isn't particularly interested in what I do for my clients (although he says "so what did Ms. so and so have today then?" and rolls his eyes as I waffle for ages :wink2: )

However... when it comes to him getting a cheeky treatment (he loves a nice manicure) he certainly doesn't complain!
He hates the smell of L&P so has only ever watched me work once with enhancements - he was pretty impressed and said he didn't realise how much work went into it.
He's also curious as to why we put so much work in before painting the nail with Shellac :p "Isn't it just a case of slapping it on?"

He tries, bless him.

I only wish I could muster up some enthusiasm to talk about motorbike engines... :lick: xx

My boyfriend asked me if I were having an affair with Salon Geek??!!! Haha! He understands!! I replied "yes I am!!" :)

Lolol... xx

Mine is brilliant! He now knows the difference between Shellac and Gel polishes and the importance of solar oil! haha. I never think he listens but he msut do a little....come to think of it I certainly know good brickwork when I see it, guess I listen too! Haha....

To an extent my man understands and sells a bit for me to mates girlfriends etc :) he looks at my nail art pics and says they're good but not convinced he really cares,just being nice,bless him lol...

but he doesn't understand when I say I've had a really busy day,stressful day etc etc because he thinks I just sit on my bum all day painting nails haha,not quite as simple as that...if only.....;-) x

Essential Bliss Beauty Therapy

Aw My husband is lovely..... he really takes and interest and is very supportive :)) He doesnt GET my like of shoes or handbags though:mad: and his love of fishing well :evil: lol lol lol

He bores me about his work (he is a fisherman so all I hear is winches and cod ends) and I shall now note him with nail talk.

We both love football though so we can chat about that together lol.

Im what they call a "cricket widow" he's always playing cricket, football or golf. He's like not nails again but he is supportive.

Ok, so I'm always thinking of nails, researching new ideas, reading...its my passion.....

But hey, my husband loves watching his crime dramas....

So why is it he just can't understand why I find nails, beauty interesting.. He's always like, 'not this again...all it is is getting a brush and painting a finger nail., I just dnt get it..' Lolol

Just wondering what others partners think of the nail profession????

This is just for fun...of course we love our other halfs....just interested!!!!

Just get your husband to have a go at applying L&P. That's what I did to my boyf and he soon shut up about how easy it was ;)

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using SalonGeek

my hubby is generally pretty good when I go on about my work....but there hits a point where his eyes glaze over and I'm positive he's dreaming of other things....much like I do when he rambles on about sports :)

I'm soon to start my training and my husband has been fantastic and very supportive of my new adventure :)

He even checks out google images of colours, etc. and I'm certain he'll be first in line for a manicure when I've done my training,... Shame he bites his nails into oblivion!

Wish my boyfriend was as supportive as all yours. I am starting out and he didnt even want me do the training and says 'stop talking to me about your stupid nails' and after two years still hasnt grasped that every three weeks i go to the salon for treatments for a couple of hours :/

I have to say my man is pretty amazing with all my beauty stuff. He never fails to help me out if a need some DIY assistance, pays attention when i talk about my stuff (mostly, lol), can rattle off all shellac info, sends clients my way and if someone asks a beauty question on facebook, he's straight on there with "my gf's a beauty therapist and she says... plus he doesn't complain about me being on salon geek.

But then again, we have an understanding and i don't complain about him playing games on the PC and do my best to pay as much attention as possible when he's telling me about those kinds of things.

I play xbox games with him and he says he'll be a model if i want some practice applying minx, as long as i remove it after haha.

I'm really very lucky. I don't think i could be with someone who didn't support me. Not understanding or really getting what i'm doing i could live with, but to actively be unsupportive, not a chance xx

LOL my hubby's just watching The Voice and said "I think Holly's nails would look good with an accent rockstar ring finger nail" If only I could talk football and sound convincing. :lol:

Latest posts

Back