Hypnotherapy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Florriedee

Reaction score
Hi all

I am thinking of having hypnotherapy to help me lose weight and build my self confidence and I was wondering if anyone else had ever had any and if it worked.

I have been researching it on the internet (always a dangerous thing to do I know) and I gather that it is completely unregulated which worries me (natch). There are governing bodies but they are entirely voluntary and there is nothing that anyone is obliged to do by the government or the GMC.

Does anyone have experience of hypnotherapy and any reccommendations either way. Or alternatively, NLP?

Thanks in advance for any ideas anyone has!

Lxxxxx

Tried it for smoking and it worked for a few weeks. I should have gone back as soon as I lapsed.
I would rec it. I went to a lady who rented a room in a doctors surgery. Wouldnt advise going to someones house or having someone round yours. You need to feel totally comfortable and relaxed.

I would DEFINITELY recommend hypnotherapy! The key is: you have to WANT to lose weight.

I was hypnotized in 1980 to quit smoking and it worked. Then I gained weight and at my tender, young age at the time, I didn't want to be overweight, so I went back to smoking. MY DECISION. I was NOT craving the cigs...I just didn't want to be FAT!

FF to 1991...I was newly single with two small kids. I wanted to do the right thing by my kids so I decided to quit-AGAIN. I went for hypnotherapy and guess what? I haven't smoked since then. And I was a three pack a day smoker.

I have gained a large amt. of weight but my docs tell me I'm healthier with the weight on than had I kept smoking.

Maybe I'll try hypnotherapy for the weight.

I would advise going to someone reputable. It may not be a regulated profession but there are still good therapists to be found. Research and ask for recommendations. If they WON'T give you client recommendations, move on.

I wish you the very best! Keep us posted. :hug:

havent had it for weight loss, but for other reasons.
it really helped.

Yes personally I have had a lot of success with it on anxiety and personal issues in the past.

As long as you are willing it will work fairly well.

I would advise against any place that says they can 'definitely cure this and that in one session or two sessions' as that is rarely the case. Hypnotherapy gets to the reasons why your behaviours are as they are and works to stop your brain reacting in such a way. Sometimes it take a few sessions to, firstly, get comfortable with the process and then to make some headway.

Also as with anything I wouldnt look for somebody too cheap. The ones who are real good at it have had years of education and charge accordingly.

Also look for somebody who has been doing it a long time. It means that they have seen your issue so many times they can be much quicker at choosing the correct route for your therapy.

Be aware too that you are completely in control in the session, you are well aware of what you are saying, it is just like meditating really. You can hear the sounds around you and are always aware of where you are.

i have wanted to try hypnotherapy for a while but have struggled to find any where that someone could recommend. I have a confidence problem, in that I dont have any. Got an interview at college next week for nvq2 hairdressing as well. PANICKING.

I tried it because I panic a lot and it worked really well for me. I went to the ladys home and it was really relaxed she also gave me a CD to use afterwards to reinforse it.

Latest posts

Back