I’m in and out of beauty

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaigeRosexxx

Reaction score
So I started beauty back in July 2018, I was progressing, then January 2019 came and I went on maternity leave until March 2020, then Coronavirus happened so I came back to the salon in July 2020 and now I’ve been let off work due to it being so quite! Wow! It’s like I get back into it, then it all goes pear shaped. When I first came back those times it’s as if all my knowledge went out of the window completely as I’ve took really long breaks. I’m currently looking for a new salon to work in and practising treatments at home so I don’t loose the way, and starting my course fresh from tomorrow in college. I just feel dis heartened. I’m not sure if this is the right forum but has anyone been in similar situations?

Not been in your situation before, but Trinity bless her had described the current pandemic as being on a coronacoaster . Up and down , and the feeling of trepidation at what lies ahead. Negative thoughts some days and then a lighter mood another . It has been awful for even those of us in the job for many years. I have been all for packing it in on many occasions.

I also had a few doubts about re-starting because I felt I had forgotten how to do certain things. I have had to do a few practice clients to get my confidence back.
Your course will be a really good mental support , and you will find that all the other students will have felt pretty much like you are at the moment.

Being at college will hopefully help you to find a placement ....one that is right for you.
Enjoy your new experience, and go with the flow. That's all we can do at the moment.

Good luck, and keep us posted. There will be I am sure many other geeks that know exactly what you are going through that will hopefully post at some stage.

Latest posts

Back