I am amazing at painting nails!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am not a nail pro but I would like to think that I offer great customer service to my clients, it is always my aim!

I wish I was great at smile lines though :lol:

Equally as important as being good or brilliant at nails, waxing or whatever!!

Maybe even more important.

Without this I would not return to a salon no matter how brilliant the therapist/nail tech.

Well done my lovely.

Jacqui xx

Mmm talk about making a girl think too much on a Sunday haha Had to ponder on this one and didn't realise how difficult it is to actually choose what you think you are good at!

Nails wise I would like to think I am great at thinking outside the box! If it is stationary and would match an outfit or look a bit different, then it goes on or in my nails haha I adore nail art and that is more my speciality than anything else and i always get positive comments on my own nails ( today they are multicoloured neon with black and silver animal print on them! )

My other forte outside of nails is anything to do with crafts. I am quite a nifty little corsetier and dressmaker but had to part with my machine when we moved ( any Norfolk folk have a cheap or free machine haha )

It gets better all the time :) Love all the loyalty from clients/friends

See were all great at something! And the one thing were all good at is listening to everybody's problems! Oh and I also know who's having an affair with our postman!

I love this quote :lol:

Today I realised that having nail skills can really come in handy :) I damaged a finger nail a few weeks ago. I got my finger trapped and my nail split at the free edge and had a crack down the length of the nail bed ( but not broken as such) I have managed to protect it, care for it and I now have a very healthy nail complete with a new free edge.

A year ago I could well have ended up with an ugly damaged nail. What a difference a year makes :)

So I'm good at fixing nails LOL

Well I have just tried water marbling and I loved it and they came out great I love painting and think I'm pretty good at it x

I am best at hand massages, i feel i could get better at my other services :( x

I really really want to be a great nail tech and considering when I left college I hated doing nails (loved pedis though!) I love them now!! I just want to be better...
I suppose the treatment I am good at would be Brazilians & eyebrows. I have clients that won't go anywhere else.... I am just trying to convert them to having their nails Shellac'd too!! ;)

i'm great at doing eyebrows... i could be doing someone's nails and end up getting them to let me do their eyebrows . i can't help it.

Loving this thread well I'm not great at nails so wishing I will say with confidence soon I am great!! Getting better with my Gelcolour and polish but I love doing nails new to all this,

But I can say I'm a great spray tanner :biggrin:

I am great at pedicures! I love seeing the before and after! I love people coming in with their apologies - 'sorry about my feet, they look awful' and changing all that and making them look pretty!

Hi all,

I have just realised that I am amazing at blending tips...Yaaaay. not so good at anything else yet apart from Spray tanning which is also quite awesome. Just need to get the nails up to par now

I am great at gels and french.....I'm assuming because that's 90% of what my clients ask for...practice makes perfect right ;)
I am not so confident in reg polish anymore tho...don't really use it much :(

I'm pretty happy with all the services I offer

But the one I probably am most proud of is when I transform a chronic nail biter's chomped digits into something beautiful using tips and pink and white acrylic, using a camouflage pink to visually extend the nail beds . . . the look on their faces when they see the finished article is amazing

And they usually expect them to only last a few days to a week, as a lot of biters say they have had them done elsewhere and they don't stay on . . . . but mine do! They go the distance of 2.5-3 weeks and I have to say I am proud of that because some of these girls only have about 5mm of nail to start with :green:

Excellent thread - it made me sit and think "what am I good at" and I never do that, like the rest of us I'm much better at thinking "what am I crap at" . . .

Excellent thread.

I would say I excel when it comes to painting and French either with normal polish or gel. I bought brushes to tidy my smile lines, but have never used them, they seem to come out perfectly first time every time. I think I am also pretty good at shaping nails and producing perfect fibreglass extensions.

I get frustrated that I can't always get Minx perfect and I am rubbish at nail art.

Great thread! I absolutely love doing massage and facial treatments! Not too confident in doing acrylic nails but enjoy GELeration! But massage has to be at the tip of the list ;-)

Latest posts

Back