I am an apprentice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Layercaeks

Reaction score
Long story short half our team left (some fired and some quit). So now we have a team of four.

My boss was looking at getting another first year and putting me on clients but I have had minimal training due to a lack of time and I dont even start school till monday. I have worked in the salon for 7 months.

I definately can do the mens tints, I have trouble with the mid lengths in longer tints, I am okay at longer blow waves, I need a lot of work on my short blow waves, I already do chemical straightening. That is all I have trained in so far. So should he really be trying to push me in the deep end? I dont mind but he has said I cant make any mistakes at all. Our manager completemy disagress with him.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

What on earth is going on in there?
No he shouldn't be throwing you in the deep end. You are an apprentice he should not be leaving you alone unsupervised, no offence.

Sounds like to me he is in a bit of deep water, why were half sacked and some quit?

Confusion is a lifestyle - not a state of mind :eek:

Bloody hell

With no disrespect to you, a tint is basic so if you struggle with that, you need more mentoring.

You don't need this.

I've just had a look at some if your other posts, sounds like your having a rough time, maybe the others did too and walked out because of it, couldn't you apply to a different salon to see if you can continue your apprenticeship elsewhere?

In reguards to the tint. I just seem to miss parts in the midlenths. But I have no training on what the colours are and have done 1 long tint (excluding regrowth).

In my salon. My boss fired one guy coz of english issues, one guy got an injury so he had to leave, a fully qualified stylist was told to leave or go back to first year (I could see third year but not first year) and another stylist quit and stoll a whole heap of clientel. She got angry over her management role being taken off her.

Make sure you are saturating the hair with your tint. It's something my trainee struggles with too. I'm not being bad to you, more your trainers.

I've just been back over your posts too...I think you need to get out of there and into somewhere more professional.

One post you were struggling to keep up with towels, making teas, toners, and everything else and no time for lunch?!.. Just one example...

Back in June, you said you were hoping tne salon was just having minor issues...4 months on, these "little issues" are spiraling out of control.

That's not good, he is clearly struggling. Sinking maybe, but if you do a treatment that you're not trained to do and it goes wrong and someone decides to sue the salon his insurance (if he has any) won't be valid, he'll be bankrupt

He's obviously using you as a cheap way of having you as a stylist when you're only training it's not fair on you look for somewhere else

I think I might have to move on. But I feel so guilty. Its such a small team. That being said I am replaceable. I only have a small clientel.

I think I might have to move on. But I feel so guilty. Its such a small team. That being said I am replaceable. I only have a small clientel.

Don't feel guilty! You've given it your best shot there but not getting what you need in return. Sometimes we all have to face up to the fact it not worth it...

Go spread your wings to a better place that can give you the time, training and support you should be getting :)

Keep us updated x

Move on.

I think that's what everyone has been telling you since you joined salon geeks, you've posted loads about this salon and your boss.

Word of advice - don't get as involved in the next place. Keep your head down and get on with the training.

No salon is perfect but your not going to qualify if you get hung up on the issues rather than being a hairdresser.

Latest posts

Back