I am sooo close to giving up, please help x

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hayley09

Reaction score
Hey Geeks
I am sooo upset and really feel like giving up. I originally trained with e-nails which i know now was not the best option but i wasnt aware at the time, since then i did a conversion course with nsi. I love nsi's products and since then i have had much less problems with lifting etc however my nails still only seam to last for 2 weeks before they need infilling, if left any longer they fall off.

I use tips instead of sculpting (which is how i was originally tought with e-nails) as i now use nsi, i use the clear acrylic to go over the coloured tip and then the pink for zones 2 &3. I have only one regular customer who comes back for infills and the rest dont bother, i even found out that a few people have said my nails are sh*t which i really dont think they are that bad. I feel like such a failure, i even charge less for my nails (£16) as i know i am still only training.
Please help i feel like i want to give up but I have a cabin on my local market and have spent a lot of time and effort into making it look gorgeous and i am quite proud of it x

I am new to this myself, only just qualified, so as far as advice goes I am not really in a position to offer any, I can send a big hug though and say keep the chin up!! I am sure all the other experienced nail techs will give lots of helpful advice that you can work with, and this feeling, in a while, will just be a bad memory!! xxxx ruth

Infills should be done every 2-3 weeks. By the sounds of it your nails are lasting as long as they're meant to, you just need to have a little more confidence in yourself.

Infills should be done every 2-3 weeks. By the sounds of it your nails are lasting as long as they're meant to, you just need to have a little more confidence in yourself.

Most maintenance is carried out in 2-3 weeks, but they still shouldn't fall off, people.

Sounds to me like you may have started out too soon to be proficient enough to build a really good reputation and reputation is everything.

Thanks everyone for your kind words, i feel like such a fool.
Geeg i think maybe your right, i have started out too soon, not sure how i resolve the problems though

i was in the same boat - still am to some extent. I trained up and naively thought that once your trained then thats it - ul be makin loadsa money and your nails will be perfect and everyone only wants there nails done by u. How wrong!! Its all about practise practise practise! I was so close to given up and then i stumbled across this site....its like having a 1-2-1 trainer just one click away!!! It made me realise that im not the only one with problems, and that the problems i was having are commonplace. I have now found some confidence and am going to go mobile in a couple of months (after bump being born!), and am using time in the meanwhile to practise on friends etc.

Dont let a minority of people get you down - its like starting any new job, it takes time to establish yourself, and if people cant accept it then its their tough! Your prices seem very reasonable!

Keep up the good work! And dont let others get you down - lifes too short!! If you enjoy it then keep at it!!!! xxxx

First of all there is nothing wrong with using tips, so don't feel you are "less than" because you do them. Some who sculpt can't do tips. So there is something you can do that some can't do. Give yourself some "kudos" for that!! As others have said fills are to be done at least every two weeks, at the most 3 weeks. So that isn't an issue.

The falling off is an issue if that is the case. I love it when a client says "it just popped off". After talking with them that isn't the case. They have usually hit their nails, jammed or something. So I wouldn't just take their word for it, ask them more questions.

What are your prep steps?? Are you using gel or l&p? It is hard to help without getting more information from you.

Definitely need to practice, on friends, family, anyone and yourself. With experience and practice comes confidence and the knowledge of knowing what works and what doesn't.

It will be ok, just know you can do it!! :hug:

Latest posts

Back