I finally managed perfect soak off removal on myself!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*Carly*

Reaction score
I think I'm going to marry iLac and have it's babies.

I've never gotten gel off my own nails, I've tried Shellac (it was applied by a therapist way back in the early days and I think she applied too thick if I'm honest), Gelicure and Megamix. I have never ever gotten gel polish to lift. Even when I had my training, my educator basically scraped it off with a metal cuticle detailer and buffed and there was still a fair bit left. My own Gelicure removal at home was a complete disaster, I had to ring Palms and basically chisel it all off. I was utterly convinced I was one of those people whose nails just clings to gel and I'd never be able to wear it, I only wear lacquer because of this. I recently bought in iLac to try and I love it, colours are opaque, fashion forward and stay where I put them. I was too nervous to trial it on my own nails though, but today I thought I'd try just one. Even using rock topcoat, not even bothering to break the seal at all, it all completely fell off after ten minutes. I am in shock! No orange sticks, tools, not even a plastic backed pad, just a well saturated piece of cotton in foil.

Where can I safely sell on my other products? All I want is iLac now!

I removed mine yesterday which I was trialling and it just fell off my nails! Absolutely brilliant stuff! I'm in the same predicament, wanting to ditch my current brand and switch to ilac but I've spent so much on what I have already that I just can't bring myself to :(

I removed mine yesterday which I was trialling and it just fell off my nails! Absolutely brilliant stuff! I'm in the same predicament, wanting to ditch my current brand and switch to ilac but I've spent so much on what I have already that I just can't bring myself to :(

Amazing isn't it? I honestly thought it wasn't possible on my nails. I hated admitting to clients that I couldn't wear gel, but it genuinely never came off!

I'd like to sell my other stuff, but I don't know how to go about it properly. I would never put it on eBay or something, I want to make sure it goes to someone qualified. I know the feeling, I've already spent a fair bit, most of the colours have only been swatched on a pop (my clients are so boring, all they ever want is red!) and I really am not keen on the brand I originally brought in. It keeps moving if the client isn't perfectly still. Did a pedi the other night and the big toenails ended up crap because she kept pointing them back and the gel ran and cured that way! Thank god she was happy still. I'm also dreading the removal. With iLac I'm not actually scared to perform a service! Sadly I only got 4 colours and no one has wanted them yet! Xx

Latest posts

Back