I give up. Impossible to find a decent salon professional

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Curiosity

Reaction score
I used to have gel nail overlays and religiously had them either infilled or soaked off and reapplied every 2 weeks. But the hassle of getting to the one salon where I was happy with the work and getting appointments on short notice (less than 2 weeks) just took it's toll. My two week schedules turned into 2.5\3 weeks and my nails would chip and break within that period of time. If I had a breakage I couldn't get in even for a quick repair and would have to soak the offending nail off myself and then cry as my natural nail simply crumbled into nothing over the next 2 days. I love gel overlays and having meticiously groomed nails and attending my appointments every 2 weeks and spending a fortune on the upkeep too. But now I've had to go back to crappy natural nails with pharmacy products because I cannot find a decent nail tech anywhere.

I took a referral today and went to a recommended salon. Asked the girl for french gel overlays and she then proceeded to clip all my natural nails on one hand back to the nail bed. When I asked her what she was doing she replied she always did that before applying a plastic tip....wtf!!:eek: Too late she had completely decimated 2 months of growth in about 5 secs and because she clipped them off terribly she then had to file them back even further to get the edges even. No choice for me but to then have the other hand clipped to the same horrible length and now I've got natural nails that look like I've chewed them back to the knuckle.

My nails are slow growing and being clipped back so far they look horrible. I'm in a job where the appearance of my nails are very important and now I've got nail biters nails for the next 2 months. :cry: All the nail places charge a fortune for their services but it's difficult to find even one with a competent tech. I was spending $200 per month on my gel overlays but can't find anyone with even a clue to maintain them for me. I'm too frustrated to try yet another salon and suffer whatever pricey disaster they might inflict upon me. :smack:

I feel bad for the experience you went through. Have you considered Shellac? I've had REALLY good luck with it, both on me and my clients.

My natural nails are crap but do really well with Shellac. HTH! :)

That is a disgrace and I can understand how upset you must be.

If it were me I think I'd do the training myself and do my own nails from now on (just a thought :))

Anyway, the best advice I can give you is to ring a supplier like Bio Sculpture, CND or whichever system it is you like and ask them for the best Nail Salon and ask them to give you the name of an experienced Nail Tech.

I hope you find someone soon... don't worry we're not all like that!! :hug:

Latest posts

Back