I have a trial day in a very upmarket salon tomorrow and I have no idea what to wear

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ellechopchop

Reaction score
if anyone could please point me in the right direction I would be so greatful...

so basically I have found it impossible to get my foot in the door of a salon in any shape or form since qualifying 2 years ago - I have got a trial day at what looks like a lovely salon tomorrow as a receptionist/assistant type role (which i am more than happy with) for two days a week and desperately want to get the job!
I havent seen the salon as its about a 30/40 minute drive from my house and will be going thursday for the first time
I thought all black, maybe with a white cardigan so black leggings and a long top/dress thats smart and nice flat shoes, thats what i would be most comfortable in but my friend thinks a more up to date look like a bright chiffon blouse with tailored trousers??

if anyone could let me know what they think best I would be so greatful, I really dont want it to be my clothes that let me down as obviously thats what they see first :)

Thanks

Does the salon have a website? If yes have a look around it, this should hopefully give you a feel for what the place is like.

Me personally I woudn't wear leggings to an interview (a bit to casual), I think smart tailored trousers are the way forward. As a receptionist you are the first port of call and customers will get their first impression from you :D

Hope this helps!

Does the salon have a website? If yes have a look around it, this should hopefully give you a feel for what the place is like.

Me personally I woudn't wear leggings to an interview (a bit to casual), I think smart tailored trousers are the way forward. As a receptionist you are the first port of call and customers will get their first impression from you :D

Hope this helps!

Thanks, yes there is a website and the photos that are on there shows salon is very modern, mostly all white which is probabally why I think I should stay away from colours maybe thinking about it now?
I will go to town today and see what I can find, think will go half way and do what she said but all black?? :Scared:

Latest posts

Back