I literally feel like giving up!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam.T

Reaction score
So I've been doing nails for just over a year based at home and course you get the odd they have come off I've caught it... but recently I've had two new clients who have come from another salon who constantly pick pick pick as in ' your not doing that right' 'the other lady uses this' and now all they seem to do is complain there nails have chipped!!! Now I do a lot of ladies and none of them complain it's just these two who are sisters actually they make me feel uncomfortable and like I'm rubbish at my job! I'm getting to the point where I'm questioning if I can carry on with them... why in particular these two does not make sense and I'm getting really frustrated ☹️

Why did they leave the other salon in the first place if the other lady was so brilliant? I would be tempted to tell them to go back to her or tell them they need to find another technician. They don't sound like they are worth the hassle!

Why did they leave the other salon in the first place if the other lady was so brilliant? I would be tempted to tell them to go back to her or tell them they need to find another technician. They don't sound like they are worth the hassle!
Because I was cheaper!! One of them works with my sister and I'm not sure if she thinks she's doing me a favour... but she really isn't it's more hassle than what it's worth.

I've had one client like that in 2 years and eventually I told her to find someone else to do her nails.
I dreaded her appointments and texts and the last straw was when she was bad mouthing me as I wouldn't work on a Sunday to repair the gel she chewed off!
Don't let them get you down. Explain that you aren't having issues with other clients nails and the products you use obviously don't suit their nails.

It's now time to stop putting up with clients that make you feel like this! My first year I put up with the likes of this but now' s the time you take control. Don't have negative people in your work or personnel life. Tell these 2 clients you think it's best they go somewhere else, it's time to get confident & take control, you can do it!!! [emoji173]️

Thank you ladies for your encouraging replies ☺️ I just worry if I say the products aren't suited to you they will say ' I have the same done at the dearer place with no problems' one of them is very much like that one of the ladies who has messaged me today has had them on a week tmmr and wants one repairing as it's chipped. I do wonder if it's down to me?? Arghh

To go forward from this...
Make sure you give every new gel client a sheet with home care instructions and also write on there your policy for repairs.
On mine I say free repairs if within three days of initial application otherwise a charge is made.
I have only repaired one nail in the last year for free.
Set the ground rules out firmly and you'll be fine.

My consultation forms state that after 3 days from treatment the nails are the clients responsibility and any repairs that may be needed will have to be paid for. I make them sign it and photocopy it for them to take one home.

I think I need to print some aftercare off for all my clients like I say it's only these two who I have the problem with all the rest as far as Im aware are all fine. It's baffling!

Unfortunately you'll always have irritating clients. I had a nail tech come to me and told me everything I was doing was wrong! Yet she came back over and over so you just have to do what you think is best and get things down in writing to cover yourself, if they keep coming back to you they obviously don't have a major problem.

Thank you ladies for your encouraging replies [emoji5]️ I just worry if I say the products aren't suited to you they will say ' I have the same done at the dearer place with no problems' one of them is very much like that one of the ladies who has messaged me today has had them on a week tmmr and wants one repairing as it's chipped. I do wonder if it's down to me?? Arghh
Well however you choose to tell them is up to you but it's your business and if they're a pain and stressing you out then just tell them to go however you wish to word it.
If you want to keep them you can do their repairs but charge them. They may take better care once they aren't getting them repaired free.

My consultation forms state that after 3 days from treatment the nails are the clients responsibility and any repairs that may be needed will have to be paid for. I make them sign it and photocopy it for them to take one home.

Would I be able to get a copy of that to use ?

I'd be cancelling their next appts due to illness ;) and say I'd be in touch
If they keep asking for appts I'd be booked - or say you've had to cap the number of clients you've got on your books and you'll be in touch if the situation changes.
Dreadfully sorry ...

You'll gather I don't like confrontation. It's best to be upfront if you have the balls, I don't lol

So I've been doing nails for just over a year based at home and course you get the odd they have come off I've caught it... but recently I've had two new clients who have come from another salon who constantly pick pick pick as in ' your not doing that right' 'the other lady uses this' and now all they seem to do is complain there nails have chipped!!! Now I do a lot of ladies and none of them complain it's just these two who are sisters actually they make me feel uncomfortable and like I'm rubbish at my job! I'm getting to the point where I'm questioning if I can carry on with them... why in particular these two does not make sense and I'm getting really frustrated ☹️

They sound as if they are toxic. If I were in your position and you can afford to, I wouldn't give them appointments again and give it to someone else who truly appreciates your work.

Latest posts

Back