I love this site!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love this site too - but Im new to it and find it really difficult to navigate. Like Avatar = picture !!!! Uploading pics is difficult due to sizing - Im not a technophobe and Im not stupid (I don't think!!!) but it could be made easier for newbie Geeks like moi!!!!

MWAH!!!!

There is a forum called site assistance for peeps like you ... just ask and help will be given.

There is also a FAQ section ( just look up aboveon the tool bar .. oh that is the blue line with FAQ that you click on) with 'how to do stuff on the site' .. it's easy .. you just don't know how to look around very well :lol:

Push all the buttons and see what is what. The site is easy you just need experience.

Ok, it's 12:28am and past my bedtime LOL So bear with me.

ditto ditto ditto to all said above.

I can't think off the top of my head how long I've been around.. but long enough to know that this site has had an IMMENSE impact on my life in more ways than one.

When I walked in the 'geek' doors, I hit a few speedbumps and had to learn the ropes as anyone does in any kind of community. I had some run-ins myself.. learned who was who and what was what AND most importantly that the education here in Quebec is abysmal.
Once I realized that, I stuck out my chin and grabbed on to my determination for a tough ride. I had LOTS to learn.
LUCKILY for me, I was in the right place.

But somehow, along the way, I made friends. Friend's who have impacted my life on so many levels. Simple things like sharing christmas cheer (which by the way ladies and gents, reminder: Secret Santa 2009 is just around the corner LOL), support during stressful periods in my personal life... and THEN the piece de la resistance was my wedding and everyone's wonderful contributions and sharing in my celebration.
I've never been so touched before. You all gave my Nana to me on my wedding day... for that I'll be forever thankful (ok, getting weepy-eyed so better change subject LOL)

You've shared my pride in my children. You have commiserated with my frustration with education in quebec and offered possible solutions that one day I may be in position to take advantage of (you know who you are, and ONE DAY I will fly out to you and take my masters with you... one day...)

There is a team/family spirit here that is found nowhere else. There is compassion. There is sisterhood (sorry boys, brotherhood for you) There is mothering. There is support. There is encouragement. There is a big ol' kick in the a** when you need it. It's ALL here................. the list goes on.

Ok, I'm getting long winded and my pillow awaits...

I may not be around as much as I used to... BUT that's kind of a good thing BECAUSE with thanks to you geeks.. I went from struggling newbie to full time tech with 30-45hr weeks (and that's just client time, not including other involved work with home business)..

YES BIG ROUND OF APPLAUSE TO GEEKS......
I'm sure I'm not the only one to be thankful for my good fortune.

Having said that; we'll see other crappy sites come and go that try to imitate the greatness that is Geek (good luck to those bozos, they need it) and we'll see noob's come in and ruffle some feathers and step on toes that need a boot in the ass to see where they are going astray. Either they'll take the tap on the chin and learn from it OR they'll cut off their nose to spite their face and leave. Their loss.

I think we have nothing to worry about. We know what's what. And we have the support of our fellow geeks.
I think we'll be doddering old fools still logging onto geek...
I hope I will be.
:hug::green:

Latest posts

Back