I love this site!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love this site, too, and am convinced that I would have disappeared without trace <in terms of nails!> without it. I am continually learning and it 'Is' working, I have access to all sorts of help and info and there are some of the best techs in the business on here.

I can instantly check pics for what I should be aspiring to and, even if I 'Never' get there, I can still raise my game and work towards being the best 'I' can.

I am just soooo glad I found salongeek. :)

This site and all the support it lends has been my lifeline. I was at a stage where I had thrown 1000s away on training, and felt that maybe I just couldn't cut it, I discovered SalonGeek. So I started reading the tutorials, searching the threads for answers to my questions, and then I was thrown my lifeline, and you know what, I discovered I could do it, thanks to my brilliant training, and the confidence that was given to me along with that training, all of which I wouldn't have encountered without SalonGeek.

So big hugs :hug: to all you mods, administrators and members out there, give yourselves a well deserved pat on the back you rock!!!!

p.s. my dog loves you as well, cos he no longer has to duck out of the way of my training hand :lol:

love
CnB
Caroline n Bugs

I absolutely would not have the successful business I now have and the amazing new network of friends and mentors that I have without Salon Geek, being a member allows me to stay at the forefront of my industry and be as knowledgeable for my clients as they deserve.

I could have quoted everyone on this thread but these words really stand out for me and how feel about this site, and I say Ditto !!

when I found this site it made me go out there and progress, and learn more!! I was inspired by so many and wanted to as good, I'll never stop wanting to learn more and this site feeds that need for me and so many others, because as soon as you feel you've nearly got there, you know there is so much more to learn and perfect and the only way you can do this is to share and learn even more !!! its addictive xx (the site + education!)

the other side is that along the way I've meet some really cool friends!!!
it may be wrong but I do feel since becoming an ambassador for cnd I have stepped back from geek a little as I didn't want to be seen as HAVING an agenda and promoting ME as a trainer, but do try to input as much as I take xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Can we at least please have a DIY section :eek::lol::hug:

I have been a member on here for 6 years:eek: and love the site and the sense of family on it, I have had good and bad times on the site and have rattled a few cages in my time here.
This site feels part of me and I love being part of it so Thanks Sam for creating this little gem :hug:

Aah thanks Geeg......that's enough to bring tears to a glass eye. :hug: As for not flouncing off.......nobody else will have me :)

Thank you, I really appreciate those words. Love ya big time.

Ps. They'll be telling us to 'Get a room'. xxx

Thanks, you two...I needed a chuckle!

Yes, this site is FAB! I have learned so much from some AMAZING folks here. Many thanks! :hug:

This is the best and only nail site I value, I like other's have learned so much more than what I learned in the courses I have taken and I know if I have a problem can come on here and always find an answer and that why I am proud to be a member and a premium geek. :)

Can we at least please have a DIY section :eek::lol::hug:

Please don't have a DIY, sport or shed type area for the men to hide in.

I think this is a great site that has a huge following and because of that has rules and regs and mods. It runs on what I'd call an industry standard format that is 'bulletin board/forum type'. Why would you change something that is successful and liked by it's users ?

It has helped and continues to help those who are new to the industry and been in it many years and is an excellent resource.

The challenge I have as someone who likes to share and help is that though I am in the industry as an owner and 'seller', my skillsets are more in the business, communication, IT space so I trawl the new threads and there is very little I can constructively contribute to. In the IT space I rarely get there before Ruth anyway :cry:

I do feel sometimes that as a 'seller' some can be quick to assume an ulterior motive to a post. I confess to having a punt sometimes and have been appropriately moderated :), I also admit to choosing not to post because I'll be seen to be 'selling' rather than helping. I don't have a solution but I do think that those on here that have something to 'sell' sometimes get a hard time when they are just trying to share their knowledge and 'give'

Mike

I do feel sometimes that as a 'seller' some can be quick to assume an ulterior motive to a post. I confess to having a punt sometimes and have been appropriately moderated :), I also admit to choosing not to post because I'll be seen to be 'selling' rather than helping. I don't have a solution but I do think that those on here that have something to 'sell' sometimes get a hard time when they are just trying to share their knowledge and 'give'

Mike

I don't agree ... geeks have a very good 'nose' or 'radar' for knowing who the sellers are, who are only here to sell rather than help.

Help is help and selling is selling. The solution is easy ... to help when and where you can. If you choose not to post then it is because you know you would be selling rather than just helping.

I totally love this site and when I read that other thread, didnt get far cos of time constraints, my reaction was a horrified NOOOOOOO!!

This site is perfect just as it is, the sense of community is fabulous, I would never have dreamt a while ago of posting some of my recent blogs, as I am a very very private person. BUT I hold some of the geeks on here as valued friends (some I have met, others not but I will :)) and they are amazing giving people.

I try and give back as I feel I have taken loads of fabulous information, I am actually not very good at reading text books, get bored, so I have wondered how do I have this knowledge:

ans: SALON GEEK

so from me to Sam, Gigi, Mods and fellow geeks

THANK YOU :hug: :hug:

anne xx

I have been a member on here for 6 years:eek: and love the site and the sense of family on it, I have had good and bad times on the site and have rattled a few cages in my time here.
This site feels part of me and I love being part of it so Thanks Sam for creating this little gem :hug:

What she said :lol::lol:

I have been on here for 4 years and have to say I would not still be in the profession if it hadn't been for the enormous amount of help and support I have received from everyone on here.

The unconditional help the professionals offer to newbies and struggling trained techs like me is like nothing you would ever get from any other site I know.

I have been lucky enough to make some fantastic friends who I would never have met without the site and for that I am eternally grateful.

Thank to you Sam and Salon Geek you have done more for me than you will ever know:hug:

In the IT space I rarely get there before Ruth anyway :cry:

You could always do what Ruth does and geek via your mobile..that ought to even things up a bit lol :eek:

I confess to having a punt sometimes and have been appropriately moderated :),

You could always ask Samuel for your very own "dog house" section where assuming you get a signal you could keep pace with Ruth :eek:

Perhaps we could even be neighbours when I (fingers crossed ) finally get the keys from Samuel for my DIY shed for fence painting at the bottom of the salon geek garden :lol::lol:

I love this site, it put right the missinformation in some parts of my course and it gives me lightbulb moments when I do something differently according to what I saw in here and it clicks into place.

I like that I have met some of the finest people in here in person so I can put a face to what I read and hear them in my head. I like that they have always made the time to answer me. In fact I like that we all get straight forward talking and top advice, even me, still bumbling along, because some of them must wonder why the heck I'm here!

I've been to much much smaller forums than this both for nails and other aspects of my life where you never feel heard.

I love this place because if you take from it what's given and make it count you know you will be able to start giving back too and pass it on.

:hug::hug:

I love this site too.

I have learned a whole heap of things in the time I've been a member, and have lots to lovely people to thank for their knowledge, their advice, their friendship, as well as giving their time, selflessly and voluntarily to help others.

Big :hug:s for you all xx

I love this site and all the geeks I've talked to and met :hug:

I don't agree ... geeks have a very good 'nose' or 'radar' for knowing who the sellers are, who are only here to sell rather than help.

Help is help and selling is selling. The solution is easy ... to help when and where you can. If you choose not to post then it is because you know you would be selling rather than just helping.

If only life was that black and white Geeg, wouldn't it be easy :) I'll pm you separately with some scenarios to run through your radar as it would be good to get your advice.

Regards

Mike

You could always ask Samuel for your very own "dog house" section where assuming you get a signal you could keep pace with Ruth :eek:

Perhaps we could even be neighbours when I (fingers crossed ) finally get the keys from Samuel for my DIY shed for fence painting at the bottom of the salon geek garden :lol::lol:

Not getting into Facebook or Geek on the phone mate. Now a behavioural communicationy type forum I can was lyrical all day....

I love this site too - but Im new to it and find it really difficult to navigate. Like Avatar = picture !!!! Uploading pics is difficult due to sizing - Im not a technophobe and Im not stupid (I don't think!!!) but it could be made easier for newbie Geeks like moi!!!!

MWAH!!!!

Latest posts

Back