I need a Dermalogica expert please!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sharonh1973

Reaction score
Please help....

I am doing an assignment on dermalogica products and am bit confused - does 'environmentally-sensitized' as listed against some of the products mean for sensitive skin? The reason i am confused is all the products i have listed for sensitive skin say 'for environmentally-sensitized skin' on the dermalogica website, except for the gentle cream exfoliant, this says all except env-sens skin?? At college we have gentle cream exfoliant down for sensitive skin??

any advice would be appreciated - thanks

Sharon x

Sorry hun but it is a site rule not to help with home work,
the most we can do is advise where to do the research,
i would guess your college notes or hand book they have given you, hth :hug:

Sorry hun but it is a site rule not to help with home work,
the most we can do is advise where to do the research,
i would guess your college notes or hand book they have given you, hth :hug:

sorry, thanks for your reply

xx

Please help....

I am doing an assignment on dermalogica products and am bit confused - does 'environmentally-sensitized' as listed against some of the products mean for sensitive skin? The reason i am confused is all the products i have listed for sensitive skin say 'for environmentally-sensitized skin' on the dermalogica website, except for the gentle cream exfoliant, this says all except env-sens skin?? At college we have gentle cream exfoliant down for sensitive skin??

any advice would be appreciated - thanks

Sharon x

"environmentally sensitized" is dermalogica's way of saying sensitive skin. They found that "normal" skin can become "sensitized" through environmental factors: smog, pollution, chlorine in water, etc. So some people can have a more sensitive skin while others can be suffering from an environmental cause.

My point of view is that sensitive skin always has a cause of some sort. My normal skin becomes red when I have wine or get too hot. Am I "environmentally sensitized"? Probably not. I am probably reacting to an internal shift (which would be my internal environment to completely be confusing.)

Basically, when you see red, you are seeing inflammation - whatever the cause. In ALL cases, you will want to calm, heal, and reduce the inflammation that is causing the redness.

Did that make any sense or is it still confusing?

Latest posts

Back