I need help matching OPI GelColor to Gelish colours...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChelleConnor

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I am currently in the process of selling all my OPI GelColor as its just not working out for me. However I love some of the OPI colours and Im wondering if you can help me match up the following colours (pictured) to similar Gelish colours please?

Funny Bunny - An off white, can be used for French
Lincoln Park After Dark - A deep deep plum, almost black
Malaga Wine - A deep red
Russian Navy - Navy colour
You Dont Know Jaques - I dont know how describe this colour :irked:

I also want a Hollywood white for French Manicures
A pink for French Manicures (No Shimmer)
And a raspberry colour!

Im already planning to get Night Reflection, Tiki Tiki Laranga, Shake It Till You Samba, Ocean Wave, Pink Smoothie, Sweet Chocolate and Need a Tan!
Please help xx

Attachments

• Funny Bunny.jpg
    Funny Bunny.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 5,378
  • IMG-20120225-00651.jpg
    IMG-20120225-00651.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 7,663
  • Malaga Wine.jpg
    Malaga Wine.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 6,053
  • Russian Navy.jpg
    Russian Navy.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 2,151
  • You Dont Know Jaques.jpg
    You Dont Know Jaques.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 4,035
Hi,

I have never seen Snow Bunny but I believe this is an off white many use for french, I could be wrong though so someone please correct me if I am.

I have Bellas Vampire and All About Me, Bellas Vampire is a deep burgundy almost black in certain lights and All About Me is a deep plum colour almost black, but to be honest when they are both on in my opinion they look the same.

Stand Out is a red, not sure if it is deep enough though, but over the top of 2 coats of Sweet Chocolate it creates a deep red/burgundy colour.

Caution is a dark blue but Deep Sea is more of a real dark navy blue.

Sheek White is a bright white for french, I use Simply Sheer which is a little bit pinky but almost a natural colour to go over the top.

I would describe Rendezvous as a raspberry colour, its gorgeous, very popular.

Hope this helps a little x

Thanks Hun! x

Chelle, I hope you don't mind me saying, and I hope you don't take this the wrong way. But... some of the problems you might be having the OPI Gelcolor might be to do with your application. There is an awful lot of cuticle and side wall flooding in those pictures.

Where any nail product like gel, acrylic, resin, gel base, gel colour, gel topcoat touches skin there will be lifting problems.

Chelle, I hope you don't mind me saying, and I hope you don't take this the wrong way. But... some of the problems you might be having the OPI Gelcolor might be to do with your application. There is an awful lot of cuticle and side wall flooding in those pictures.

Where any nail product like gel, acrylic, resin, gel base, gel colour, gel topcoat touches skin there will be lifting problems.

Hiya Lucy,
No its fine I dont mind.. The reason for this is because they are all my own hands apart from the two hands together! I find it quite hard to paint my own nails which is why they look so disgraceful but I wanted to get a pic of all the colours that I have instead of waiting for clients to chose them!
Funny enough though my nails last on me hehe :biggrin: x

Good point JuicyLucy, I flicked through the pics quickly looking at the colours and didnt look closely, now you have mentioned it I can see what you mean, I think its good constructive advice.

Hiya Lucy,
No its fine I dont mind.. The reason for this is because they are all my own hands apart from the two hands together! I find it quite hard to paint my own nails which is why they look so disgraceful but I wanted to get a pic of all the colours that I have instead of waiting for clients to chose them!

Sorry, posted before I read your last comment, I find it difficult painting my right hand as im right handed, but with plenty of practice you will soon master the art of painting both! :biggrin:

Hiya Lucy,

OK, thanks for not taking offence.

Back on topic. I think Diva is a close match for Lincoln Park after Dark.
Caution is the nearest blue to Russian Navy (although the new blue in the Just for You Collection looks good and Gelicure Victorian Teal is a perfect match)

I'm not sure there is any Gelish that match You Don't Know Jaques, but again the soon to be released Just for You collection has one called After Party Espresso, which might work.

Rendezvous, as KattyJ said is a good raspberry colour.

Think hard before you buy Pink Smoothie, most of us have found it difficult to apply evenly.

Actually, on the Gelish Lovers Group there is a thread on "Colours you never use" and a few threads on French colours, worth a look before you buy.

I wouldnt take offence! Im sure you are trying to help!
The second picture in Lincoln Park After Dark is horrendous! It was the first manicure I did on myself before training!
I can deffo see im getting better at painting my own nails but I am a perfectionist so my clients nails usually look decent I would never say perfect as there is always room for improvement with anyone!
I have seen their new collection and I agree the After Party Espresso looks very close!
Will go over to the group now! Thank you x

Pink Smoothie??
Oh thats one of my favourites do you know if the colour Your So Sweet Your Giving me Toothache has the same problems? As I know its very very similar so if its better to apply ill chose that x

You're So Sweet its Giving Me a Tooth Ache goes on better than Pink Smoothie, but it still takes three coats. Its a Lily (although a slightly greyish pink) is the best of those light pinks IMHO.

I hate using Pink Smoothie it is so streaky, ive just got Its a Lilly and its been so popular, nearly all my clients have had it, it was definitely one of my better buys.

Latest posts

Back