i need help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KatiePL

Reaction score
Hello to all
(it`s gonna be a long post, and i apologize for any mistakes, but English isn`t my first language)
I'm a beautician and nail technician from poland.
I`ve been posts on this forum for quite a while, and Idecided to register, to ask for your help.
I've done ibd training here, in poland, and started working on ibd products. But sth was not right. The gel lifted everytime. I think I was doing sth wrong. What's more, my boss bought a lamp for manicure that was emitting a lot heat, and that made the gel runny. Could that be a cause of lifting???
Now, I'm about to open my own beauty center, and I have no idea which brand to buy. I was considering ibd and christrio. I dunno what christrio gels are ike, I just heard some good things about it. I know that ibd products are good, it's just me, that was doing sth wrong. Which one is better? Ibd or Christrio?
What do you think I can do to eliminate lifting?

KatiePL said:
Hello to all
(it`s gonna be a long post, and i apologize for any mistakes, but English isn`t my first language)
I'm a beautician and nail technician from poland.
I`ve been posts on this forum for quite a while, and Idecided to register, to ask for your help.
I've done ibd training here, in poland, and started working on ibd products. But sth was not right. The gel lifted everytime. I think I was doing sth wrong. What's more, my boss bought a lamp for manicure that was emitting a lot heat, and that made the gel runny. Could that be a cause of lifting???
Now, I'm about to open my own beauty center, and I have no idea which brand to buy. I was considering ibd and christrio. I dunno what christrio gels are ike, I just heard some good things about it. I know that ibd products are good, it's just me, that was doing sth wrong. Which one is better? Ibd or Christrio?
What do you think I can do to eliminate lifting?

hi

welcome to nail geek!

u should be using the lamp specified with your choice of product, this could be a start - if the gel is going runny and not the normal consistency then this will be a problem.

i have no idea about the products u are choosing but u need to be happy with the product u are using and comfortable putting it on clients and charging them

meticulous preparation and the correct use of product with correct lamp will seriously improve your lifting problems too...

.. but other geeks will contribute more!

welcome to the nail geek again!! xxx

I think i made a mistake not explaining what lamp i ment.
For curing i did use the ibd lamp. It was the lamp on my working station that was emitting heat.

KatiePL said:
I think i made a mistake not explaining what lamp i ment.
For curing i did use the ibd lamp. It was the lamp on my working station that was emitting heat.
Try to face the lamp slightly away from you or higher up.....or change the bulb to one that gives out less heat....I have never had a problem with the gel going runny from my table lamp. What are you doing for PREP as this is usually the cause of lifting. Let us know exactly what you do fromwhen the client comes in to when you start the application of the gel and maybe we will see something that you can change or add to your PREP.

I understand your frustration and you need to sort the problems before you open your salon... a bad reputation spreads a lot faster than a good one.:wink2:

As already suggested, prep is most often the cause of lifting, as is any product touching the surrounding skin. Have you checked the tutorials here ...http://www.thenailgeek.com/preparation-application/

As you think the problem may lie with you with 'doing something wrong' with the IBD gel, it will probably be the same with Christro, so I would try & work through this first.

Have you thought of contacting Christro for a product sample?

Good luck, I hope you find the answer to your problems.

In poland you don't get prodyct samples, you just buy the product :cry:

Currently, i'm not using any lamp cause i'm not working. Opening my own salon takes a lot of time, so I stopped working. But I've already chosen a table lamp that emits almost no heat :).
it was a nightmare working with the table lamp my boss bought. After some time I started thinking I'll never be good at what i'm doing and that i should consider changing profession.
Now i'm determined to learn how to apply gel correctly. Even my hubby said he'll help me, and will let me practise on his nails! :)

With ibd, I tried to follow the instructions given by the producer. I think my probs were: too much bonder and gel applied too close to skin.

I simply LOVE your tutorials!!!!! They're great !!!!

I know i have to stop making mistakes first, and that changing products won't help. I was just wondering what to choose, because here, in poland Christrio lately is very popular among nail techs

Have you done any training with IBD at all to learn to use their product? In fact you have not filled out your profile on here so I am not sure what training, if any you have done, if you have done training, who was it with?

i`m sorry for not filling the profile.
As i wrote in the first post i did ibd training here, in poland with ibd instructor. I don`t think that there`s a point in giving her name here.

Katie,
Almost certainly too much bonder. Make sure you blot it with a sponge before curing. Some people dont get on with the bonder and change it for the liquid primer which might help you. Otherwise its your prep.

You probably know to avoid getting product on the skin but check your application.

PM me, I use IBD every day. Im no expert but I'd be happy to help you along if I can.

Emma, thanks soooooooooooooooooo much for offering your help :) It will be much needed :)
Thing is, I stopped working over a year ago cause i fell pregnant. I was meaning to quit, cause I wanted to start my own salon anyway :).
But because of the pregnancy everything concering my salon was postponed.
So now I feel like a complete newbie.
I know everything I should be doing..... but that`s theory.... it's more difficult to actually do it ;)
I think it could be Bonder, or anything else.
I just wonder if the heat from the table lamp could have made any damage to the gel itself....

Latest posts

Back