I Tried To Out Them!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lovenails1

Reaction score
After reading the comments from my last thread regarding some of the unprofessional nail salons that are popping up around OZ I am glad its not just me that has a problem with them. I run a Newsletter for nail techs around South Australia and some other states of Australia. After running a full page article regarding these salons and what was aired on Today Tonight etc, with the help of a couple of well known and respected local Nail Educators that are RTO's etc, we included a return form that was to be sent to our Attorney General asking for stricter regulations for the Nail Industry. To give you an idea of how sad our industry is, the newsletter was issued to just over 300 Nail Techs, and only 1 form for the attorney general was returned to us. ONE !!! out of 300!! The conclusions we came to was that even though everyone complains about it, no-one wants to do anything about it. Its as though we are all secretly hoping that the 'next' person is bad so we get more clients?? This is backwards and I think will really be detrimental to the Nail Industry. I issued that form in 5 issues of my Newsletter over the past 12 months and only the 1 form was ever posted back. Unbelievable hey?!:irked:

i do agree with u its a bout time we had some rules in our industry and thats good at least u got a reply i know some people dont even get that but i dont think they will change our rules here but i would like to see a change its all for the better

lol, i would have signed one immediatley!

Send One To Me!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey I think I've seen your newsletter. Nice job, I didn't subscribe cos I'm not in SA....

I'll sign the form though, send me one!?

I asked this question on the beauty tech forum since there have been quite a few nss threads there too. Are any of you aussies apfa members? http://www.beautytech.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3212 This is a link to that thread with some replies.I found it quite interesting. I wrote to my local paper hoping they would do some kind of article about nss salons they showed no interest. So unless we make some more noise I don't there will be any change.Lovesnails1 could I also have a copy of your newsletter.
Sam

lovenails1 said:
To give you an idea of how sad our industry is, the newsletter was issued to just over 300 Nail Techs, and only 1 form for the attorney general was returned to us. ONE !!! out of 300!!

That's a disgrace. Some people are just so lazy. They'll sit back on their arse whilst you do the running around to save THEIR business.

Well hat's off to you. We need more people in the world like you. xxx

Latest posts

Back