I under charged

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beauty-Box

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I completely under charged. For shellac I charge £18 and infills I charge £15. I done a clients infills with shellac on top for just £15. How much should I be charging for infills with shellac. I have got myself in a bit of a pickle. I have put on Facebook an offer for enhancements for £15 because I need to get my speed up she has replied asking for infills again. I will do them for £15 since I have an offer but when the offer ends I will Inform her of my prices with shellac xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I charge £20 for infills if they have polish on top £3 extra or £6 extra for shellac, x
Nail art extra.

My price for shellac is £16.00 x
New full set of nails £30. X

I charge £5 for shellac over acrylics, reason being, no cuticle work as will have been done as necessary before acrylics, no base coat needed, usual UV topcoat will be replaced by Shellac topcoat. And instead of them hanging around for a few minutes in case they smudge, their bums are gone out my chair!

I am thinking of increasing to £6.

Other geeks on here I know charge £10 happily. I just can't quite justify that much but we're all different.

I undercharged someone last week by £15, did her mums shellac one day then hers and her toes another day, added them all up in my head (fatal lol) and got it wrong :evil: Oh well must buy a calculator to keep at my desk.

ps I charge £21 for infills no extra for polish

After she left I could of cried I couldn't believe I charged less than my shellac on its own. I need the practice so happy to do her nails again least she knows I'm doing an offer and will put a post on fb to say shellac on top will be an extra £5 I couldn't charge more I'm quite new plus I work from home xx

After she left I could of cried I couldn't believe I charged less than my shellac on its own. I need the practice so happy to do her nails again least she knows I'm doing an offer and will put a post on fb to say shellac on top will be an extra £5 I couldn't charge more I'm quite new plus I work from home xx

COuld you not say, when she returns, something along the lines of:

"What did you think of the Shellac finish instead of polish? I normally charge £X extra for that but didn't charge you last time for it just so you could see what you thought?" or something.

Personally I'd just tell her you under charged but it was your fault so it's fine this time, but make her aware of the normal cost.
I think anything else sounds a bit sneaky. I'd feel like someone is trying to put their prices up without being honest about it.

Personally I'd just tell her you under charged but it was your fault so it's fine this time, but make her aware of the normal cost.
I think anything else sounds a bit sneaky. I'd feel like someone is trying to put their prices up without being honest about it.

This might be the best option B Box! Sorry, I didnt mean to sound sneaky :sad:

When you explain, you could point out that Shellac on its own is more than you charge for infills, then she would realise you had made a mistake as its not logical to expect infills AND shellac for less.

Hi everyone.
I think it depends on your area, I currently charge £20 for Shellac and £22 for infills and my clients have never had any issues with this.
Although when I move to a smaller town, at the end of the year I know I'll have to reduce my prices :/

This might be the best option B Box! Sorry, I didnt mean to sound sneaky :sad:

When you explain, you could point out that Shellac on its own is more than you charge for infills, then she would realise you had made a mistake as its not logical to expect infills AND shellac for less.

haha, dont be silly, I didnt mean anything by it, it's just my opinion is all, I just dont think Id feel comfortable saying it is all. People would probably accept it as an explaination.

I haven't been charging extra for shellac on top because I have been more relieved when they want shellac instead of white tips ha ha. I might just say I haven't been charging for shellac on top but as of next month I will be adding £5 with shellac on top. Xxx

Latest posts

Back