I want to be self employed but not mobile!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jo wheeler

Reaction score
I really want to work by myself so I can work at my own pace, got a baby u see! But I don't like the idea of going mobile. Is it the best way to do it as I haven't got a seperate room to use at home. Its so frustrating thinking about what road to take when I am qualified! HELP!!!!!

You could rent a table or room in a salon.

But I think you should gain experience in a salon before going totally alone

Yeah thats what I was thinking. Ok thanx for the advice.

I will be working from home as I have a company car so can't go mobile. Don't have a dedicted room either so am using my dining room, not ideal but sometimes you have to make the best with what you have.

Have seen stuff from others in the past who also have a table set up in the kitchen!

If you do this just make sure you call your insurance company and make them aware. Mine (More Than) didn't even charge extra premium but I'm not covered if a client steals anything, as I invited them into my home.

If you have a dedicated room I believe you are supposed to advise the council as it affects council tax - the room you use will be charged business rates, not the case I believe if it also has a domestic dfunction.

Latest posts

Back