I want to teach? What do I need to do??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lisa1983

Reaction score
Hello all

I been a qualified beauty therapist and nail technician for 8 years and hold a ND BTEC Diploma.

I now what to strat training to teach beauty therapy/nail therapy at colleges but am sooooo confused about what course and qualifications are needed?

Have any of you trained to teach? what qualifications are needed?

Any information form you fellow geeks would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all in advance,

Lisa

Hello all

I been a qualified beauty therapist and nail technician for 8 years and hold a ND BTEC Diploma.

I now what to strat training to teach beauty therapy/nail therapy at colleges but am sooooo confused about what course and qualifications are needed?

Have any of you trained to teach? what qualifications are needed?

Any information form you fellow geeks would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all in advance,

Lisa

I would contact your local college or maybe where you trained if you were happy with it. You need to get your teacher training certs and they will tell you your best route ... after all they are the training providers, and they will give you the best answers to your questions.

yip.. i have qualified teacher status and teach.. pm me if you want any guidance.. like geeg said.. contact your college and they will point you in the right direction..may the force be with you.:lol:

thanks for the info as i am considering teaching also. ps love the hoff in pants pic. my personal fav however is my hoff with puppies one

Hey Guys - i work at a college as a lecturer and i am currently on my last year of teacher training to give you QTLS. As the previous posts, go to your local college, they will offer some kind of initial teacher training - the new one is called usually PTLLS - prepare to teach in the lifelong learning sector. To continue your teacher training after this you usually need some teaching hours, so again speak to your local college. You do need a minimum now of five years in the trade and you will also need to complete an assessors award so you can assess the students.

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!

Hi i an doing teaching at the moment its called a pgce in teacher training , i don't know if you will be able to do it with your diploma as i got told i had to have level 3 nvq or above, because the course is classed as a level 5 so i would check that out first. Good luck and be ready for some serious work. Hope this helps

Def check, the new thing in Ireland is to become a teacher with ITEC - this limits you to only teaching ITEC courses and is regulated very badly. I paid twice as much to do a city & guilds course approved by habia and includes my assesors award. It also is partially 2 yrs of a teaching degree so I have to go back and complete a few units and I'll have a degree in teaching :green:

Latest posts

Back