I want to use Susan Molyneux products - any opinions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annie23

Reaction score
I recently put up a thread about which skin care range to use and after careful consideration I have it whittled down to two contenders.

• Susan Molyneux - sample of products seem really nice, great packaging, resonable pricing, excellent choice in graduate training courses local to me - spoke to the teacher and she seemed very nice and spent a long time talking with me, supply to mobile therapists and good customer services. However, nothing much on Salon Geek that I can find about Susan Molyneux, or their ranges.

• Eve Taylor - Products are lovely, smell divine, good packaging, like ethos, comes highly recommended on Salon Geek, no minimum order, supply to mobile therapists, excellent value for money, good retail prospects, good customer services.
    • However I cannot find much information on training courses, I spoke to headoffice and they informed me the do a 2 days training course but this is in Peterborough - 137 miles from me one way. I dont mind travelling but when I have an option that is within 10 miles its making me think twice.
So I am leaning towards Susan Molyneux. Opinions on this would be appreciated, I really need to get this right, cant afford to make a mistake in something this important. Thanks in advance :hug: :hug:

anne xx

Hi there, I took on the Monu range from susan molyneux about a year ago. It is a lovely range of products. I went to Cheltenham for their training and it was fantastic! The products feel great and are good to work with.
The down sides for me;
They have increased their prices twice since I started using them, some of the products are actualy quite expensive now.

They have a £80 minimum order.

The products can be quite expensive to retail. As I stock Eve Taylor also, my clients always go for them as they are much more reasonably priced.

I do like working with the range, but am currently trying to decide whether to continue with them, or take on another. They are prob quite similar to Eve Taylor, although, in my opinion, I do see more results with Susan Molyneux than Eve Taylor. (my clients prefer to buy Eve Taylor though)!
Hope that has helped a bit!

hi i used to stock and use susan molyneux, i have since changed to dermalogica as this is the brand i wanted but couldnt stretch to the opening order for it when i first set up! they are nice products however they wernt as result driven as the dermalogica i use now, the training i done with sm was good however you have to pay for the training which works out quite expensive if you do a few courses, the other thing i didnt like is that i had to place another opening order to get the renu products and when the started doing the nimu products if i wanted them i would have to do another set opening amount for them! also my accountant thought it was rather strange why no one had contacted me to see why i hadnt placed a order for so long when i changed brands considering i used to spend a lot of money with them! on the plus side the samples are really good sizes not just a sachet the body products and hand cream are really nice i think i prefere them to the dermalogica body products! they smell divine which makes them easy to retail! i have no experiance with eve taylor so i cannot shed any light on that one!

Thnaks for your input, it certainly gave me food for thought.

I think its more important that clients are happy so I am going to go with Eve Taylor, its much more economical when starting out as they are a lot cheaper than SM. Also they are popular on here and with clients by all accounts. Travelling to and from Peterborough and staying in a hotel doesnt seem too bad after all. :)

thanks for your help

anne xx

There are several companies out there that will come to you for the training, rather than having to go to them, which I found immensely useful!

Latest posts

Back