I want to wear my wedding dress again!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StephsTherapies

Reaction score
Ok, so it was my first anniversary a week ago and I realised I still hadn't got my wedding dress dry cleaned!
I got it out of my wardrobe, then out I the dress bag and fell in love with all over again!
But it's worse this time because when I fell in love with it the first time I had my wedding day to look forward to, but this time no wedding :(
I really need an excuse to wear it again! Has anyone else put back on there dress for anything other then there wedding? Is this even aloud?

Why not have a professional photo shoot wearing it?

In my local area they did a ladies evening in a little cinema in a school, and put a chick flick on and food. Everyone could wear a wedding dress/bridesmaids/mum in law outfit and pay a ticket that went to charity x

In my local area they did a ladies evening in a little cinema in a school, and put a chick flick on and food. Everyone could wear a wedding dress/bridesmaids/mum in law outfit and pay a ticket that went to charity x

That sounds amazing! :D

I wore mine round the house now and again in tbe first year ive still got it but doubt id fit into it now :o

Maybe booking a photoshoot with it would get us both back into shape :/

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek mobile app

We had a post wedding party...everyone wore wedding dresses or if they were bridesmaid,they wore b.maid dresses instead...some showed up in tux for a laugh was brilliant!and everyone got to wear their dress again

I saw a tv program where this lady upholstered a chair with her dress!!
I think it was a kirsty allsop program.

Looked pretty but wouldn't you get it dirty if you sat on it regularly? ?!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Why not put it in a big picture frame and hang it somewhere on display instead of being tucked away in the wardrobe?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Why not put it in a big picture frame and hang it somewhere on display instead of being tucked away in the wardrobe?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Like Brittany Spears!

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm the same! Apart from I'm not married but had the most AMAZING one of a kind pink Tiffany ball gown! Although back then I was a nice skinny 6/8 now I'm a 12, will never fit into it again :-( xxx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1378451675.850620.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1378451686.204324.jpg

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Loads of good ideas! I don't think I could make my dress into a chair though! I would have a heart attack! Lol!

Last edited:
Had mine converted into a ball gown. [many years and pounds ago!] :D Lots of people round here have christening gowns made from them. You can also use them to cover a Moses basket. x

Aw, loving this thread! I was so sad when I put mine away, never to be worn again! So, it's great that you are coming up with ideas to try it on again.

3u7umuve.jpg

Thought I would share the dress I'm so desperate to wear again! Lol!

Aw, it's lovely. I really like the lace on the train, it's beautiful!

I tried mine on last yr 8yrs 3 kids later I was surprised I could zip it up,

Could wear it again if you renew your vows,

My mum dug hers out a few weeks ago for my girls to dress up in, it's 32yrs old my girls loved it, so keep it for your gran kids,

Latest posts

Back