I wonder what this thread is about!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

naturalnails

Legend
Reaction score
when creating a thread do you think about the title? Most people probably do what I do and click on view new posts, they then scan down the titles and from the titles they will decide whether to read it or not.

What do you think these following threads are about:

Help me!

Please help!

I need your help!

?????

With hundreds and hundreds of new posts everyday, please give yourself a fighting chance of having your thread read, by giving it a good and meaningful title!

I've gotten to the point I don't open these type of threads.

I barely opened this one.

DITTO!!!!

In the commandments, it CLEARLY SAYS to think about these things when creating a thread.

To my way of thinking, if someone can't respect me and my time enough to show consideration and TITLE the thread appropriately, then I haven't the time to answer them.

I'm NOT going to waste my time opening threads that perhaps I don't have the answer to.

I'll save my time for the Geeks that show respect for the site and it's members.

And seriously.... some of the questions lately have NOTHING to do with anything on this site and perhaps the poster should have asked their mom instead of us.

Ok, off my rant-box for now.

PS: only opened this one because of the name of who posted it and I KNEW she must have had a GOOD reason for such a vague title:D

Exactly. I recognized an esteemed salon geek as the OP so I figured why not a have a go.

Ditto above

Jacqui xx

Doesn't it just drive you mad!! So glad I'm not alone :)

Haha I too only opened it because of the OP :)

Kxx

HAHA.

I opened this one because I thought 'What the hell?'

And seriously.... some of the questions lately have NOTHING to do with anything on this site and perhaps the poster should have asked their mom instead of us.

Ok, off my rant-box for now.

Lol. I find the "plz help" posts are usually generic questions like "do people get acrylics or gels?" and "what should I call my salon?" so again I generally avoid.

We are very helpful most of the time so yes please name your post something relevant to the subject!!

PS: only opened this one because of the name of who posted it and I KNEW she must have had a GOOD reason for such a vague title:D

Same here! :)

I opened it out of pure curiousity lol...a subject on new threads has to be useful, to be fair, I do open them, but rarely reply because its normally a searchable answer lol.

Kayleigh xx

Essential Bliss Beauty Therapy

Haha! I thought this was a joke! Like people who post "how do I post on here" wft? You just did you fool! Lol!

Annoying hey!! X

haha! I thought this was a joke! Like people who post "how do i post on here" wft? You just did you fool! Lol!

Annoying hey!! X

lmao!!!

yes the only reason I read this was because of the poster.

I've gotten to the point now I only open posts that DESERVE to be read.

And isn't it a shame that the message won't be read by the people that need to read it, they will not think it is about them!

This thread is worrying me now.

Its beginning to sound like some geeks only read threads posted by certain geeks, rather than any post by any geek. I really hope this isn't the case. I have had such faith in Salon Geek and then to read that some geeks will open a similar/badly named thread because it is by a certain geek, but won't read an equally named thread by an unknown/less relevant geek, isn't quite the promising thought I look for in Salon Geek. After all I'm a newbie and would hate to think I'm disregarded because I don't have a following. :sad:

I'm not meaning to come across as being offensive, if I am, just seeing it from another perspective.

I don't think that's what we're saying here. I think we're just asking that more thought be put into titles of threads. I for one don't mind checking out a thread even if it's the same question asked for the thousandth time. For vague thread titles like, Help, What do you think, Give me your opinion etc, well quite frankly, I'm over it. I'm a "get to the point" type of gal.

This thread is worrying me now.

Its beginning to sound like some geeks only read threads posted by certain geeks, rather than any post by any geek. I really hope this isn't the case. I have had such faith in Salon Geek and then to read that some geeks will open a similar/badly named thread because it is by a certain geek, but won't read an equally named thread by an unknown/less relevant geek, isn't quite the promising thought I look for in Salon Geek. After all I'm a newbie and would hate to think I'm disregarded because I don't have a following. :sad:

I'm not meaning to come across as being offensive, if I am, just seeing it from another perspective.

I think you have misunderstood. When you've been on here as long as some of us, you get to know certain geeks. Naturalnails threads ALWAYS have an appropropriate title. So, for hers to NOT have, it's readable. Does that make sense?

The Commandment in question:

11 - Thou shalt THINK about the title of thou thread
The fastest way to get your thread ignored is by using titles like 'Help!!!??!?', 'Read this!', 'What do I do now?', etc... They are too vague and most geeks ignore them because the title doesn't say what the thread is about.
While I'm at it, titles like 'Wot products u use 4 this?' is a great way to come across as a 14 year old trying to get your Sally Hansen bottle of nail enamel open. Most professionals will avoid threads with titles like this.
In reading the first sentence of the above, you'll see that generic titles will probably not get your thread, read. It's nothing personal, just how it is.

The best way to get read? Post a clear and appropriate title for your thread. EASY! HTH! :)

Yeah I get ya both Gr8nailz and Deanosnana.

I was having a tense moment too, before. :D

yes the only reason I read this was because of the poster.

I've gotten to the point now I only open posts that DESERVE to be read.

And isn't it a shame that the message won't be read by the people that need to read it, they will not think it is about them!

I couldn't agree more !

Latest posts

Back