IBD chipping after 24 hours

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LydiaUpz

Reaction score
Hi geeks
I've noticed a few clients are mentioning chipping/peeling recently ... I'm fully qualified and follow correct and full system on every client including powerbond cure etc.. Any advice?
Thanks x

Hi, I posted a thread the other day over a set I had done that client said had peeled off after a few days , I can't get two weeks out of mine, which lamp do you use , I've tried uv and LED and still same problems

I have 2 lamps .. Gelissimo one & a sibel moonlight which is led & uv xx

Another geek answered my thread with the peeling issue, and said her trainer told her thin bendy nails need acrylic and strong hard nails gel, the few I've had problems with have been flexible nails, but even on mine I put a Brisa Lite smoothing overlay then the IBD just gel on top and I have only managed 10 days tops :-(
Its a shame as others rave about the staying power, I love the colour choice and ease of removal but this is starting to put me off, I've got the Cuccio LED lamp but still same problem Xxx

I applied ibd over my acrylic nails on Monday and ready 2 chips and few peeling!!!! Totally loosing faith xx

It's frustrating.. It's fine on my nails and I'm a nail tech so using acetone buffing etc... So it's not my technique :-( arggghhhhhhhh

I've tried contacting IBD several times over last few weeks but can never get a reply , even with power bond mine lift and peel :-(

When I set up I researched and found quite a few salons use 2 systems which is costly but I use IBD & Gelissimo and find if a client struggles with one the other seems to work? I love the colours in IBD as they have depth etc.. I love powerbond however I have a few clients it doesn't work with... CND shellac is terrible on my nails and peels off. X

That's what I've been thinking of doing having another system to run along side it, I have a few Shellac colours and was looking at buying the 40 bottle kit , but just worried about paying out so much again and having the same problem. Thought about Gelish but maybe a little too similar to IBD consistency (both gel), maybe I should stick to offering Vinylux I have no problems with that lol x

It's hard isn't it... Shellac has such a strong following everybody wants it... I haven't got the money to invest at moment.. I'm going to the pro north beauty show next weekend might have a nosey there x

I applied ibd over my acrylic nails on Monday and ready 2 chips and few peeling!!!! Totally loosing faith xx

Hi are your acrylics smooth and shiny before you apply the gel polish? If so it won't last, rough them up first

Funny ibd is the only thing that will stay on my nails! Shellac comes off the easiest, gelish, opi, but I kept ibd on for two weeks without a single chip

Funny ibd is the only thing that will stay on my nails! Shellac comes off the easiest, gelish, opi, but I kept ibd on for two weeks without a single chip

This is what I was wondering about, some people say it stays put for two weeks no problem, my nails are thin and bendy and gel ends up lifting within a few days and even when I have had acrylics they've lifted within a week so do wonder whether its my nails. I had a problem with a client the other day saying they had all started lifting within a couple if days and its knocking me a bit now, can I ask do use the IBD dehydrator, I don't know whether to try with scrubfresh see if that makes a difference ?

This is what I was wondering about, some people say it stays put for two weeks no problem, my nails are thin and bendy and gel ends up lifting within a few days and even when I have had acrylics they've lifted within a week so do wonder whether its my nails. I had a problem with a client the other day saying they had all started lifting within a couple if days and its knocking me a bit now, can I ask do use the IBD dehydrator, I don't know whether to try with scrubfresh see if that makes a difference ?

I have paper thin nails, always have and I used scrubfresh and the ibd bonder. Only problem I had with ibd was removal I found this hard with the bonder. Going to try it without

I will give scrubfresh a try rather than the dehydrate, the client with problem was on holiday in Egypt rubbing sun cream in all day and in and out of pool so don't think she followed after care to well, but worry about not getting it to last on myself, removal is one thing that I've had no problems with maybe takes a few minutes longer with the power bond but not too bad :D

I offer CND Shellac, Harmony Gelish and recently I bought 8 IBD colours from Olympia.

Now I can't wear Shellac for more than 7 days. 10 with Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel. I can get mostly 3 weeks with Gelish but only with Structure gel.

I now have IBD Serendipity with Their bonder and Two top coats ( only because I have stamping on too)
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1380918737.559732.jpgbut do far it's been 10 days and I have no chips ... But they are ready to come off. I personally find this great as my nails are very weak and bendy however I applied Breathtaking on a regular client, without the bonder, who can wear Gelish easily for 2 weeks, and her nails chipped after 3 days!

So I'm wondering if their bonder is the secret ingredient and not the polish..... Tomorrow I will redo my nails with Gelish, no structure gel but using IBD Bonder.....

I will give scrubfresh a try rather than the dehydrate, the client with problem was on holiday in Egypt rubbing sun cream in all day and in and out of pool so don't think she followed after care to well, but worry about not getting it to last on myself, removal is one thing that I've had no problems with maybe takes a few minutes longer with the power bond but not too bad :D

I was on holiday too and didn't follow the after care that's why I was amazed. I think the powerbond is the secret to the success. Going to try it just on the tips of my nails next time

I always use the Power Bond and I don't have any issues removing it. I also use it on acrylics before applying the ibd JGP as well.

My daughter, aged 15, can barely get 10 days out of her polish. Normal polish only lasts 24 hours. I put this down to hormones, given her age. I have had the same problems with a few other teenaged girls too, both aged 17, it just doesn't last on their nails.

Hormones, medications, stress can all play a part in this. You might be doing everything exactly the same as other clients but have that one or two clients who have issues. Could be the reasons listed but it could be the person too and how they treat their nails.

When applying ibd JGP to ACRYLIC nails I always roughen up surface with a 100/100 file, then apply Power Bond. However if a client still complains of peeling try using something like NSI Glaze N Go as your top coat. I use it all the time on my acrylics topped with ibd JGP and it NEVER peels or lifts. I was told on here you can't use it over the top of Gel Polish but that is hog wash as I HAVE and I DO and I have never had any issues. I have only used it on acrylic nails topped with Gel Polish, I can not vouch for Gel Enhancements.

I offer CND Shellac, Harmony Gelish and recently I bought 8 IBD colours from Olympia.

Now I can't wear Shellac for more than 7 days. 10 with Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel. I can get mostly 3 weeks with Gelish but only with Structure gel.

I now have IBD Serendipity with Their bonder and Two top coats ( only because I have stamping on too)
View attachment 44552but do far it's been 10 days and I have no chips ... But they are ready to come off. I personally find this great as my nails are very weak and bendy however I applied Breathtaking on a regular client, without the bonder, who can wear Gelish easily for 2 weeks, and her nails chipped after 3 days!

So I'm wondering if their bonder is the secret ingredient and not the polish..... Tomorrow I will redo my nails with Gelish, no structure gel but using IBD Bonder.....

Removed last night after 10 days, easy to remove. Gel fell off after 15 mins and just needed to lightly buff the base/bonder that was left.... And I mean lightly. Loved it!! :)

Latest posts

Back