IBD gel polish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steph86

Reaction score
Hi geeks, have any of you used IBD? What are your reviews? Have you also used Bio?

Im considering a position where they already offer IBD, where as I use Bio. Ive never tried IBD and Id be unsure of setting my prices against theirs... Xx

Are you asking about the IND just gel series (the soak of polish) or the hard IBD gel?

I have the treatment list here, it says IBD 14 day manicure, long lasting polish. Then for the price list IBD gel nails... £25 xx

I take it that's the IBS Just Gel range then, unless they are somehow still stocking Gelac but that's discontinued. I use it and I find it okay, although I do sometimes find it a royal pain to remove.they have a range of colours that include glitters.They also do a range of nail polish that matches the gel range.

Thank you, so is this product similar to shellac? So I would be ok to offer Bio sculpture alongside at a more expensive price? Xx

It's a gel polish, shellac is a power polish so they are different. it's just like gelish etc. Is bio sculpture a hard gel? For extensions? I haven't used that I use NSI. If its a hard gel then yes you could offer it alongside but if its another soft gel then there wouldn't be a need to offer it along side. Just pick one as they do the same job

It's a gel polish, shellac is a power polish so they are different. it's just like gelish etc. Is bio sculpture a hard gel? For extensions? I haven't used that I use NSI. If its a hard gel then yes you could offer it alongside but if its another soft gel then there wouldn't be a need to offer it along side. Just pick one as they do the same job

Thanks again. It is a soak off gel, but you can extend, and it isn't a gel polish it is just gel. It can go on strong or weak nails, can add strength or be flexible using different base/top coats to suit the nail type.

Its not me offering IBD it is a hair salon that already has a nail tech, but they want me too, and i do Bio sculpture gel Xx

I take it that's the IBS Just Gel range then, unless they are somehow still stocking Gelac but that's discontinued. I use it and I find it okay, although I do sometimes find it a royal pain to remove.they have a range of colours that include glitters.They also do a range of nail polish that matches the gel range.

I use IBD Just gel and I agree with Jadeey - removal (especially the basecoat - no matter how thinly i apply it) can sometimes be a real pain in the backside, I do find that heat can help aid the removal process (a heated wheat bag etc placed over the hands when the nails have been wrapped.)

I love there colour range, they have a great collection of colours - one to suit everyone's taste and a nice selection of glitters too .Some colours I find do need 3 coats but most are excellent with just the standard 2 coats.I find it to be very long lasting and hard wearing my mum gets 3 weeks from hers even when gardening and cleaning. xx

Thanks again. It is a soak off gel, but you can extend, and it isn't a gel polish it is just gel. It can go on strong or weak nails, can add strength or be flexible using different base/top coats to suit the nail type.

Its not me offering IBD it is a hair salon that already has a nail tech, but they want me too, and i do Bio sculpture gel Xx

Then you would probs be fine to offer it alongside, but do they not offer some sort of overlay/ extension? Might be tricky, what happens if someone wants extensions then a gel polish over the tip? Would u do both? The other tech may not like that. But it would probs be best to speak to the other tec and the salon owner and see what they think xx

Latest posts

Back