IBD gel - Xtreme vs regular?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moopie

Reaction score
Hey everyone, hopefully someone can clarify this for me..

I requested an info packet from IBD here and before I purchase the starter kid to try out IBD gel from my distributor I'm wondering if someone help me!

"clear" gel is thin viscosity and better for NNO's. It seems to be similar to calgel and other soak offs (though its not soak off) in that its more flexible.

clear, pink, white, and ultra white builder gels are thicker viscosities better for doing enhancements (though in the threads I've read, some people were using this for NNO's for more strength)

My question is this:

In my pamphlet, it shows xtreme gels (clear, blush, pink, and white). Are all of these builder consistency or are none of them? I'd like to have a coverage pink and it seems only "xtreme pink" covers minor flaws... this would be useless to me though if I couldn't build with it.

any help would be great!

thanks! :hug::hug:

!

"clear" gel is thin viscosity and better for NNO's. It seems to be similar to calgel and other soak offs (though its not soak off) in that its more flexible.
The "clear" is a similar viscosity to Calgel, but that's it. It isn't soak off, and isn't really flexible.

Sorry I haven't used the extreme gels.

Hi,

The xtreme collection are not builder, you will need your regulary clear/natural builder working with these to strenghten your enhancements, however i do suggest getting the extreme white and blush, they are lovely to work with. For extra coverage you can either mix a little white in with blush or build with 'natural' gel which gives a little coverage.

Have a looking in my gallery or the geek gallery, all my perm french are with ibd xtreme.

I didn't see anything in "natural" in my pamphlet?? Maybe they've discontinued this, or it isn't available in the states?

Thanks so much everyone for replying! Gonna have a look in the gallery now :hug:

wendyrose, i read the other thread where you said you gave up using bonder! are you using "stick" like some of the other girls on here or something else instead?

I use IBD gel. I use the extreme Blush. It can be used as a builder gel. It works very well for me. The only complaint about the blush is that the color does not stay true. By the time I see my client which is usually about 3-4weeks the coloring is back to a almost natural coloring...

thanks jules! If I can pick your brain a little.. :lol:

Hows the coverage with "blush"? Also, did you have probs with bonder like other geeks? thanks!!

Hey there,
I use IBD... The extreme range are not "builder" strenght... heres what i do.

Use the IBD builder pink and cure very well ( full 3 mins) and then finish your nail with the extreme colours.... that way you have the strength of a builder and the colour of an extreme all in one,.,., takes a bit of pratise....

or

You could do the nail with the extreme colours and then give 2 thin coats of clear builder over the top for added strength... both work for me.

Hope that helps a little.
mel

I went to the ESI show in Canada today and spoke with an IBD tech to ask questions about the Extreme Gel. She did a demo on me and this is how:

She prepped and mentioned that she does not use the bonder at all in the salon; she will just dehydrate or possibly use an acid primer. She mentioned that 70% of lifting can come from not just bad prep but over use of bonder.

Next she fitted with a form and built out her extention with a very very paperthin Clear Extreme. Cured for 30 secs, pinched a c-curve, then cured for 30 secs more. Removed the form.

She did a reverse application with the Extreme pink, cured.

Two very thin applications of Extreme White, curing 3-4 minutes inbetween.

The nail looked like the tip was still paperthin at this point; there is no strength to it yet.

She then capped with Clear Builder (not extreme); this is also what she built the stress area with. Cured for 30 secs, pinched the c curve again (I have really flat nails). Cured for 3 minutes.

Clense, File and shape, thin layer of clear (not builder) and cured for 3 mins.

She said that it takes her about an hour to do a full set. Also, she mentioned that the Extreme White has much more Titanium in it than most other products (hence the really bright white); this makes is unable to cure through if you try to use it as a builder. Learned that one myself. IBD has decided to come out with a more powerful light soon to take care of this problem and open the door for them to create more intense colors. YEA! So, I guess this new light should be out in about 2 to 6 months and more colors to follow!!

Shiloh

Have to disagree withthis. I use clear extreme in the normal way and nothing else. I find it WAY stronger than regular builder gel.

Hi,

The xtreme collection are not builder, you will need your regulary clear/natural builder working with these to strenghten your enhancements,

Hey there,
I use IBD... The extreme range are not "builder" strenght... heres what i do.

thanks everyone!

So, I wonder why they still push bonder/sell it at all if it seems to cause so many problems for everyone?

ive never bothered using it. It takes longer to use it too. as you have to scrub it in and cure it. I use 'Stick' primer.

i took the liberty and got some 'stick' too as i figured i'd try both this and bonder. The girls at the distributors here really didn't know anything so if they had recommended something, I wouldn't trust it anyway iykwim!

thanks so much for all the replies guys!

The extreme blush coverage is really literally a blush. I find that over time the blush turns into an almost natural color over time. As far as bonder goes, I usually dehydrate, and use an acid based primer for clients who are more prone to lift. I dont use to much of the clear gel. Sometimes the blush can be a hassle with pink and whites because you need to make sure that you dont file into the white and then you have to start the whole process all over again if you know what I mean.

Most of my clients are pink and white so they like the blush. The nails seem to hold up very well. To well actually. I dont see some clients for a couple of months. And they seem to be in good shape hardly any lifting.
As far as I know, Sometimes Distributers just try to sell, sell, sell. No offense to anyone The distributer I use here is not that knowledgable of nails.
example I decided not to order for distrubuter rep for awhile because I didn't want to impulse buy which is easy for me. the rep normally stops by once a month. sometimes I order stuff but she usually likes big orders. She stops in I order some nail polish. Well I didn't see her for 2 months. She said she forgot about my order and that they have been in the trunk of her car the whole time.....
anyways sorry for rambling

Can I ask you ladies what is this "stick" bonder/primer you ladies keep mentioning please?

Can I ask you ladies what is this "stick" bonder/primer you ladies keep mentioning please?
I was wondering the same!

Latest posts

Back