IBD jgp disappointment!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SuzyG

Reaction score
Hi geeks, I'm feeling rather let down and disappointed with jgp. I trained with gelux but moved onto ibd as I love the colour range and heard good things about it. Anyway I bought a lot of colours! I'm very rarely seeing it last 2 weeks without chipping. More like 1 week. And this is with most clients who have it on natural nail. It lasts fine over hard gel! I've asked Q's on the education forum and I've been really trying to follow their active but I'm not having any luck! I happened to buy a couple of halo gel polish and guess what! It lasts 2-3 weeks!! In fact I'm not seeing ANY chips! I'm removing perfect polish after 3 weeks! Never seen this with jgp so I'm confident it's not my aplication. I've spent a lot of money on jgp and I really don't want to use it any more! Has anyone else found this with jgp on natural nails? Xx

I've only recently started out and haven't done many clients using IBD i've done plenty of nails on myself but i dont normally leave them on for longer than a week before I change so i cant yet comment on how long they last.
I just can't get on with the pale colours they are awful

We have used IBD gel polish for almost 3 years and service 200 clients a week with rare chipping and lifting. Can you talk me through your process?

We have used IBD gel polish for almost 3 years and service 200 clients a week with rare chipping and lifting. Can you talk me through your process?
Yeah sure.
File/shape using 180 grit file
Remove/push cuticle with metal pusher
Remove shine from nail
Cleanse with prep+cleans (sometimes do sometimes don't hoping either way will help)
Bonder
Thin thin base cure, 2/3 colour coats cure, top coat cure and cleanse.
Xx

Yeah sure.
File/shape using 180 grit file
Remove/push cuticle with metal pusher
Remove shine from nail
Cleanse with prep+cleans (sometimes do sometimes don't hoping either way will help)
Bonder
Thin thin base cure, 2/3 colour coats cure, top coat cure and cleanse.
Xx
What lamp are you using and for how long?

I'd also recommend a good cuticle remover, especially CND Cuticle Away

What lamp are you using and for how long?
I'm using an led lamp rec to me by one of the ibd educators, it's called nailed. I'm curing for 30 secs. It's never peeling but always chipping at the free edge but only on natural nails and only this brand. Halo goes for 3 weeks. In fact there are no chips when I'm soaking off. And I'm capping the free edge of course. With Halo lasting so well I'm feeling my application is fine. Thanks for the reply btw x

I'm using an led lamp rec to me by one of the ibd educators, it's called nailed. I'm curing for 30 secs. It's never peeling but always chipping at the free edge but only on natural nails and only this brand. Halo goes for 3 weeks. In fact there are no chips when I'm soaking off. And I'm capping the free edge of course. With Halo lasting so well I'm feeling my application is fine. Thanks for the reply btw x

We use the Gelish 18g lamp. I'm not familiar with Nailed. Chipping could be the non wiping under the nail with whatever your equivalent of Scrubfresh is. Not bonding the free edge. Possibly not capping. If your application of other brands is chip free then I think it's curing issues.

I used a different brand and until I got my curing correct, my clients chipped and cracked a lot! Now I'm using the correct lamp with the correct cure time, no more chipping. I know it's frustrating but you've got the product now, you can make it work. Make sure lamp position is correct too.

Latest posts

Back