IBD Just Gel and Progel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailtasticria

Reaction score
Hello I currently use cnd shellac for gel manis. I also have a couple of gelish
I want to get some extra brigt colors and i am in s really tight budget, and also want a product with long duration and good adhesion. What fo you think about ibd and progel? Is removal ok or nightmare? Are they good quality products? And what about cuccio veneer for some paler colours? I use cnd uv lamp.

Sent from my GT-I9060 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi I've started using progel and it's fab! I have clients who have got 4 weeks wear out of it. I love it

Both IBD Just Gel and SuperNails ProGel (and their other sister brand, EZ Flow TruGel) are excellent. Great color range, good application and excellent wear. Great price point as well. I do find their base coats a bit more difficult to remove, but a few extra minutes soaking does the job.

Hi!

I've used pretty much every brand and IBD is defo the best for long lasting! I've also found a seller on eBay and u can get them for £7.99 from them xx

I have been using ibd just gel for a couple of months and its fab, great colour range and nice and affordable.

I know ibd, progel and trugel are the same company and are 100% gel polish so does that mean I can use the brands together? Eg, use a trugel colour with my ibd base/top coats

Sent from my SM-T210 using SalonGeek mobile app

That would be good to know as I want to try Ibd so if I can use with my progel base and top that would be fab if anyone knows

Thank you for the replies! I have ordered a bottle of each, Progel, ibd and trugel, I will try them and find out!

Thank you for the replies! I have ordered a bottle of each, Progel, ibd and trugel, I will try them and find out!

Hi could u tel me where u purchased progel from? I used to get it from the nail and beauty academy but they have replaced it with gelaze but I prefer progel x

I am afraid that personally I can't help you because I live in Greece :)

The beauty partnership is where I purchase mine from here in the uk there head office is in leeds near to where I live but you can order on line tho x

That would be good to know as I want to try Ibd so if I can use with my progel base and top that would be fab if anyone knows

You can use ibd jgp sandwiched in between any base and top
I've not used pro gel personally but know that super nail and ibd are sister brands. And both pure gels rather than hybrids.

Key with application is thin capped layers and powerbond is a godsend!!
With regards to removal of both ibd jgp and ezflow TruGel... Someone mentioned the base was hard to remove... The base actually cones off what your left with is a shiny layer of the gel Bonder.... Either ibd powerbond or ezflow bond it on. This doesn't have to be removed if reapplying just a gentle buff and it's gone!

Jess x

EzFlow Master Artist Educator
Ibd Elite educator
Be creative artisan

I would like to ask something else. Till now I tested 3 of those brands. Ibd I am no damsel seemed very transparent, a bit annoying. Progel imperial nights was better consistency but still needed 3 layers. Trugel Tiffany, I loooooooved it, couldn't believe it, it was thicker, which I like, and needed 2 layers. All of them were used with gelish top and base. Is generally Progel and ibd more watery than trugel or it was something about the specific colors? Sorry, I am new to other than shellac brands, and I don't always figure if there is something wrong with some products or just different from what I am used to till now.

Oh, another thing is that trugel eezyflow doesn't have a distributor in Greece, so I have to order online, and I don't have access to really see the color samples closely, and there are less swatch pictures online to look at. Sigh..

Red carpet gel Polish is made by the same company who make Gelish and it is fab, had a client who has had 2 months wear so far! And less than half the price of Gelish! Opi gels are also amazing and they sell a variety of colours! All with a regular polish to match!

Latest posts

Back