IBD Just Gel polish-thoughts?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xlaurenmbx

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I'm trained in ibd, jessica and orly fx.
Lots of other therapists get on with these gels but i just can't seem too.
Ibd it's too thick and gel'y for me. Jessica i just can't create a nice even base and orly i don't use.

Can anyone recommend a system or tips fot ibd and jessica?

Lauren xxx

Hi hun

I use ibd, I have to say I love it. I don’t have loads of experience with other brands but maybe I might be able to help with ibd application.

Your base coat needs to be super super thin. The brush comes out covered, literally wipe it all off on the inside of the bottle then apply.

Your colour coats also need to be very thin, thin enough to cover the nail but no more. Wipe lots of excess off so you’ve just got enough. Also ibd quite often needs 3 or even 4 coats so another reason to keep them thin.

I would avoid their glitter polishes as they tend to be thick and gloopy. I use loose glitter for my glitter nails.

If the polish is getting a little old it will also be gloopy. Suppliers have sent me polishes like this but I know the knew fresh ones are not. I can tell the difference now between a good polish and one that’s sat on the shelf for ages!

I have trialled INK London and liked their polishes too, but I really love ibd and the colour range is fab so I haven’t switched.

I hope maybe this helps a bit x

Thankyou for the reply! Hope i can regain faith in them [emoji8]

Thankyou for the reply! Hope i can regain faith in them [emoji8]
It really is a lovely gel, it’s just figuring out the best way to apply it. It took me a while, I did lots of ‘thick’ sets on friends until I got the hang of it.

I’m not a fan of ibd just gel polish as I find them very watery and have to use thin coats and a lot of them
Iv recently started using halo polishes from ultimate and I got a few bluesky from the beauty show and I think they’re great! The last and easy to apply!

Also have bought the gel bottle and the white is great only two coats and it’s covered!

Thankyou lovely. I'm so torn! I keep questioning if it's myself?!

Latest posts

Back