IBD Ultra Seal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

S6CAF

Reaction score
Hi,

I was wondering if you guys could help? I've been using IBD gel for about 6 months and find that for me personally, it's one of the best I've tried so far.

HOWEVER!!!!! I recently bought the IBD Ultra Seal but I can't get on with it at all! I spend over an hour applying a set of nails, making sure I've got a perfectly smooth finish etc etc. THEN I apply the ultra seal, cure it under the lamp, only to find it's made the nail (which was smooth before!) all lumpy and pitted ............. gggrrrr it's so frustrating! It's happened about three times now, each time I've let it cure under the lamp just a bit longer than the last. :( :mad:

What am I doing wrong??? Is it just me or has anyone else experienced this??? PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

Sorry for the long post, hope you can help.

Thanks loads
xxx

hi hun,

Ive used IBD for 4 years, I found this problem when i forst started.

It could be down to having a litte dust there,m or you are using a buffer smoother thsan 180 grit before you apply it.

Dont white block them befor eyou apply the ulrta seal. just use youe 180!!

(i prefer intense seal to ultra seal!! less gloopy/sticky, much shinier, no probs with it at all!!)

HTHs.

xx

Hi Kate,
Thanks for your reply. Always use a 180! It's gotta be the white block then cos I do use it before applying the Ultra Seal! I do de-dust the nails before applying it tho!! Right I'll give it another go without white blocking them before hand. And I'll keep an eye out for the other sealer, cos you're right the Ultra Seal is kinda gloopy!
Thanks loads hun
x

S6CAF said:
Hi,

I was wondering if you guys could help? I've been using IBD gel for about 6 months and find that for me personally, it's one of the best I've tried so far.

HOWEVER!!!!! I recently bought the IBD Ultra Seal but I can't get on with it at all! I spend over an hour applying a set of nails, making sure I've got a perfectly smooth finish etc etc. THEN I apply the ultra seal, cure it under the lamp, only to find it's made the nail (which was smooth before!) all lumpy and pitted ............. gggrrrr it's so frustrating! It's happened about three times now, each time I've let it cure under the lamp just a bit longer than the last. :( :mad:

What am I doing wrong??? Is it just me or has anyone else experienced this??? PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

Sorry for the long post, hope you can help.

Thanks loads
xxx

If it's going pitted then it sounds like the layer you are applying is to thin. I personally don't like the Ultra seal and prefered to use IBS clear gel as the final layer.

HTH

I have got intense seal and didnt get on with it either it only seems to work on my glitter acrylics anything else and it starts cracking and coming off and looks awful. I read you can use it over acrylic for a high shine finish without buffing but it just doesnt work on pink and whites???? Not sure why.

hi caf, i had the same problem with ultra seal, then purchased intense seal, its so much easier to use. definitley dont use your white block, try using some scrubfresh before application, long, slow strokes of the ultra seal. if all else fails get the intense seal, its a huge improvement on the ultra seal.

Hi,
I had exactly the same problem, so I switched to Intense Seal and it is fabulous!!! Could'nt recomment it enough!
Have an excellent day!!

I've had this happen to me a few times, and i found it was mainly because i wasn't applying it thick/even enough.

I've since bought IBD intense seal and it's fab - really shiney, can use it over any system and the best bit is you don't have to cleanse it after curing - so save time and money on extra wipes and cleanser plus.

Can't recommend it enough - well worth the money.

Thank you all very much for your replies, you've all been a great help! I'm glad to know it's not just me that's had problems with it as well!

I'll try putting it on a bit thicker etc, then if that still don't work I'll go for the Intense Seal instead!

Thanks guys
xx

I too had the same problem when I first started using ibd ultra seal, almost everyone I know that has used it no longer does. Try the intense seal, its so much better, you just cure it and job done. No need to wipe with cleanser plus. xx

any ideas why I was having probs with intense seal how many layers do you apply it doesnt stay on my acrylic unless it is glitter acrylic, also do you put it over unshined ie unbuffed acrylic so it bonds better. I wanted it to seal in nail art but it didnt work it just crackled like glass :( (sorry to interupt the thread)

Hi Loo
I love ultra seal and the new version intense seal have had no problems with either if you are IBD trained it gives full instructions in their training guide for ultra seal and its the same for intense seal but without the final stage of cleaning the sticky layer off at the end in fact i have just tried trying intense seal over enamel and silver metalic foil
and it worked a treat

Jill:Love:

loo said:
any ideas why I was having probs with intense seal how many layers do you apply it doesnt stay on my acrylic unless it is glitter acrylic, also do you put it over unshined ie unbuffed acrylic so it bonds better. I wanted it to seal in nail art but it didnt work it just crackled like glass :( (sorry to interupt the thread)

Buff with a 180, do your art, then apply intense seal. HTHs

lilypond said:
Hi Loo
I love ultra seal and the new version intense seal have had no problems with either if you are IBD trained it gives full instructions in their training guide for ultra seal and its the same for intense seal but without the final stage of cleaning the sticky layer off at the end in fact i have just tried trying intense seal over enamel and silver metalic foil
and it worked a treat

Jill:Love:

Hi Jill,

I trained with IBD at College, but we never had an IBD training guide just a generic gel one.

I don't suppose there's any chance you can post on here what it says about IBD Ultraseal and Intense seal can you??

Em.xx

Emmajt said:
Hi Jill,

I trained with IBD at College, but we never had an IBD training guide just a generic gel one.

I don't suppose there's any chance you can post on here what it says about IBD Ultraseal and Intense seal can you??

Em.xx

it should all be on the ibd website! ...i think!!

Katelisa said:
it should all be on the ibd website! ...i think!!

Yeah it is - well for Ultraseal anyway - i just thought i'd ask and see if there was any different info around.

Latest posts

Back