IBS - Irritable Bowel Syndrome

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

* Nail Freak *

Reaction score
Hi geekio's, you may remember i posted a thread a couple of months ago about having a grumbling appendix (so gp said) anyhow that settled down and the pain has just re occured so i went to a different gp today and he said there is no such thing as a grumbling appendix and he said i have ibs - i have no other symptoms except the pain (not cramps) i feel really sore, he gave me a medicine called ' mebeverine ' i dont like taking medication at the best of times & i'm not convinced i have ibs :irked: i said to him what if it doesnt work? he said we could investigate but nothing would probably show, to be honest i feel i'm just better off taking painkillers and i'm rather peed off to be honest - plus the meds i have to take 3 a day for 2 weeks 20mins before i eat :rolleyes: what do you think? anyone with ibs that can shed some light? cheers all xxxx:hug:

hi

i have ibs, its to do with food that you eat, if i eat spicy food,takeways eg burger king, or even go to a cafe or restaurant .then it tiggers it off, still not sure what causes it at these places all i can think off is the oils they use.

hope this helps

www.aboutibs.org

michaela

Thanks hun i'll have a look xxxxx

Hi there,
Im a sufferer of IBS and have beenfor many years. They symptoms I get is really bad consipation and a bloated belly. If i eat frys or curries mainly anything greasey or spicey i get really bad with cramps, the cramps go through my sides up my back and all round my belly. Its also stress related too!!! Its awful to have but if you change your diet and excercise its a big help better than taken medication.

i've suffered with ibs for a long time and i know my trigger is bread, which i love but i know that if i have just one slice then i'm in agony.
stress can also aggravate it.
debx

Hi

I posted a thread on here a few weeks a go, dont know how to do the link but I named it "wheat allergy". Have a read of it. The doctors do not offer you the chance to find out what is causing your IBS, you need to find out yourself by experiment or pay for allergy tests.

Hope you feel better hun.
xx

Hi
Iv'e had IBS for about 12 years and I find there is nothing that makes it worse or better:irked: it seems to come and go as it pleases, I've just learnt to live with it. It seems strange that you only have the one symptom, but it does effect everyone differently. Can you go back and see another doctor for a second opinion?

Hi geekio's, you may remember i posted a thread a couple of months ago about having a grumbling appendix (so gp said) anyhow that settled down and the pain has just re occured so i went to a different gp today and he said there is no such thing as a grumbling appendix and he said i have ibs - i have no other symptoms except the pain (not cramps) i feel really sore, he gave me a medicine called ' mebeverine ' i dont like taking medication at the best of times & i'm not convinced i have ibs :irked: i said to him what if it doesnt work? he said we could investigate but nothing would probably show, to be honest i feel i'm just better off taking painkillers and i'm rather peed off to be honest - plus the meds i have to take 3 a day for 2 weeks 20mins before i eat :rolleyes: what do you think? anyone with ibs that can shed some light? cheers all xxxx:hug:

There are many homeopathic remedies that can help, and a good balance diet avoiding all trigger foods...

.. not everyone with IBS is stuck on medication... so you don't have to be if you don't want to be!

Good Luck hun :hug:

if you just have the pain as the symptom, how can they not rule out it being something else? I dont want to worry you hun, thats not my intention,however I would seek a secong opinion, then if it IS IBS then follow this course. It could be ovary related for instance..If they have not scanned tested etc they do not know :hug:

I have had ibs for years.. and so far i cant seem to find anything that triggers it of except stress... if i am going somewhere that i have never been or doing something i dont really like, i get really bad pain and off i trot (litrully) and it can take weeks to calm it down, i was also given meds but dont take them as it works itself out. I have found that if i step back and try to keep destressed (which i find really hard) it does work.. not that much help but oh well, at least you are not alone..:hug::hug::hug:

I have suffered with IBS for a few years now and can't seem to find out what really triggers it off if anything does, it just pleases itself when it gives me grief.

A doctor at the practice I got to (now retired) gave me some homeopathic little wonder pills. It doesn't stop the IBS but my god does it stop the pain. They are so tiny, don't taste of anything and I have to chew them but within 10 mins the pain has gone.

I am trying to think what they are called and you can get some with the same name at Holland and Barratt but they are crap and did nothing for my IBS.

If I remember (because the name has rubbed off the bottle) I will post it later.

Assuming that it is I.B.S, try to see which foods trigger your symptoms more than others. It may be trial and error for a while. I have I.B.S due to being on long term medication and because of that now have to take omeprazol and senokot every single day. The omeprazol doesn't mean that I can eat the trigger foods but does alleviate some of the pain and you all know what senokot does:irked: My trigger foods are anything acidic- I can't eat oranges or grapefruits or drink pure citrus fruit juice- something I really miss and even when I water them down I still pay for it. I can't have vinegar on anything. Carbohydrates really bloat me out now aswell so I try to reduce portion sizes of pasta/ potatoes and bread. I can't do without them completely, but once you find your own triggers then you will eventually learn to live with it. In the meantime- my sympathies are with you for any pain and a little bit of research and information should help to alleviate any fears.:smack::hug:

hey...yeah i've got it and im 19..its horrible...things at set mine off is white bread and potatoes,which i love...but not when im i agony....

the doctor gave me some tablets to eat 2mins before i eat...but i hardly take them as i dont eat at set times

hope this helps

xx

I had this a few years ago and after going on holiday and being pain free for 2 weeks knew it was something to do with my diet.
As soon as I got home I put the kettle on as you do and made a cuppa, a couple of hours later the pains started.
I worked it out it was the sweeteners I was using in my coffee.
I obvioulsy stopped using them and never had any bother since.

Makes you wonder how we all manage to sit still long enough to do enhancements doesn't it!?:eek: haha

i've suffered with ibs for a long time and i know my trigger is bread, which i love but i know that if i have just one slice then i'm in agony.
stress can also aggravate it.
debx
i also suffer if i eat bread or anything with flour in it, i used to be doubled over for days at a time with very bad tummy cramps, constipation and bloating to the point of people asking me when my baby was due, my brother-in-law gave me some herbal tablets to see if they helped as he too suffered, they are by LIFEPLAN and called MULTI-DOPHILUS, i take 2 a day with my main meal and i havnt suffered since they are a god send, i did need to take them for about a week before i noticed a change but im never without them now and i can eat things with flour in without been in agony as long as i dont over do it, try them for yourself they are very good and available in most health shops, they cost £6.49 for a bottle of 50:hug:

hiya babe iv sufferd with ibs for 5 years now.i had the same tablets to take.having ibs has really knocked my confidence i dont like going out to much on my own and i can not use public loos so as soon as i start to get a pain i'm in the car on my way home.i have found that when i eat choclate it sets it off but im a great choclate lover! so i only eat choclate at home when i know i havent got to go out anywhere.i also find that when i get to a certain weight i suffer more with it aswell.i hope you feel better soon x

Wow thanks all for your responses!! the doctor did suggest my ovaries but then ruled it out as he said that it would have been picked up on pregnancy scans etc (but that was nearly 3 yrs ago!) I'm just taking painkillers at the moment and it has settled down to a dull ache, i will see if it goes and will go on from there - the thing that is really bothering me is that it hurts when i go to the toilet (cant believe i am writing this for the world to see!) both ways its really weird like an inflammed sore feeling - anyhow i shall see how i feel and decide what to do, thanks again all much appreciated xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Wow thanks all for your responses!! the doctor did suggest my ovaries but then ruled it out as he said that it would have been picked up on pregnancy scans etc (but that was nearly 3 yrs ago!) I'm just taking painkillers at the moment and it has settled down to a dull ache, i will see if it goes and will go on from there - the thing that is really bothering me is that it hurts when i go to the toilet (cant believe i am writing this for the world to see!) both ways its really weird like an inflammed sore feeling - anyhow i shall see how i feel and decide what to do, thanks again all much appreciated xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi hun im really sorry for your suffering and i know this may sound daft but painkillers could make your symptoms worse, one side affect of painkillers is making you constipated and that wont help you at all:hug:

Latest posts

Back