IBX Restore & Repair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How long are you ladies finding it takes per application to apply?

How long are you ladies finding it takes per application to apply?

1st application 20 minutes max & 2nd 10 minutes. Quicker with LED lamp as it reduces cure time. HTH

I'm about the same but with 2 CND lamps so pretty quick x

I've been back thru loads of pages and I can't see it so someone will be able to tell me on a 2nd application of ibx is repair needed again or is it just the 1 IBX for 3 mins ... many thanks

I phoned up and ordered my duo today and was told specifically (and I made a note) Repair once, IBX twice the first time, thereafter Repair once, IBX once xx

looking forward to getting mine, can't decide on pricing tho.

I'm planning on marketing it mainly to attract new clients with damaged nails who don't want to wear gel or acrylic or shellac, am I mad?

My clients with weak nails who have Shellac are happy with their Brisa smoothing gel layer, and so am I. I don't want to rock the boat.

Is anyone else thinking the same?

Still waiting for my IBX to arrive but have hyped this up so much I now have a long list of people desperate to try it. I have asked facebookers for pics of their poor nails and I am picking a couple of people to trial it on with before and after photos. Nervous now.... Really hope it gives the results you guys are saying it does! Eek!

Blossom -I don't believe you are mad in anyway! (IMO!) I believe that IBX can/should be a stand-alone premium service..... there is nothing else like it within the industry therefore it can be marketed as such. Time is money and the results speak for themselves... :D

If you do go this route I would be interested to hear your feedback :)

Sent from my GT-P5210 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've been back thru loads of pages and I can't see it so someone will be able to tell me on a 2nd application of ibx is repair needed again or is it just the 1 IBX for 3 mins ... many thanks

I asked them this...If the nail has a permanent split down the nail then you may need to use repair each time you change their polish/gel so that the split bonds and can grow. IBX is permanently in the nail until it grows out but splits will keep splitting without repair if that makes sense. With peeling nails you may only need to use repair once or twice and then IBX should be enough to keep them from peeling/flaking. That's how I understood it anyway. Hth.x

I'm planning on marketing it mainly to attract new clients with damaged nails who don't want to wear gel or acrylic or shellac, am I mad?

My clients with weak nails who have Shellac are happy with their Brisa smoothing gel layer, and so am I. I don't want to rock the boat.

Is anyone else thinking the same?

Jim N: we designed the IBX System with two functions in mind: Natural nail growth and as a protective shield under gel polish. As a professional, you are the best judge of what is best for your clients. One suggestion, try IBX under gel polish on a couple of clients so you can see the results. I think you will be impresses. Its always important to try something so YOU know.

I phoned up and ordered my duo today and was told specifically (and I made a note) Repair once, IBX twice the first time, thereafter Repair once, IBX once xx

looking forward to getting mine, can't decide on pricing tho.

Jim N: It really depends on the function IBX is being used for. Under gel polish, you will always use both. For natural nail growth, IBX is always used and Repair is prescriptive.
If you have not done so, please go to Home - IBX Nails by Famous Names | Professional Nail Strengthener for a welth of information on IBX.

1st application 20 minutes max & 2nd 10 minutes. Quicker with LED lamp as it reduces cure time. HTH

Jim N: We are in the final stages of updating the application insructions...will keep all on SG updated, app time will be reduced

View attachment 58161

This client has a trauma from bashing her finger in the washing machine. And now has a permanent split!

I stupidly didn't get a before IBX photo!! All I can do now is document it from here on out. But I do believe after two treatments it has made a difference. I look forward to (and hope) seeing how this goes with further treatments.

Jim N: Linda is working on an advanced technique do deal with severe splits. If you message me your email, I will have her send it to you.

I use myself here as an example. I used to have to use 2 coats of BLSG on my thin bendy nails. After 2 applications of IBX I no longer need it as they are much stronger. One of my clients still has both and it adds an extra £10 to her service price but I think we will soon be able to dispense with the smoothing gel, not sure this is particularly good news for my pocket though!!!

Jim N: I would recemmend one or the other. For either wouldnt you upcharge, so no impact on your sevice fee?

Someone had asked me how long I have been using IBX and why do I feel it's been long enough of a trial to recommend it?
I cannot for the life of me find the specific thread or even the question anymore to be able to quote :( I was very busy and not able to respond right away.
I received my IBX Duo pack second week of January, on January 17th I had my first IBX client. The results were so visibly drastic that I had to promote it the best I could for as many of my client as possible. They in turn sent me friends, and the clients that get their other esthetic service done with me decided to give it a go. So, I had to look through my schedule to see how may clients I did the IBX treatment for since January 17t, 53 is the number. At the end of this week I will be up to 70, and I just received 2 more requests for booking from a recommendation :)
In short, I feel that I have tested it as best as I could in such a short amount of time. The visible results speak for themselves and clients are Happy Happy. Isn't that the best indicator of the product's effectiveness?
I have stopped taking pictures as I get swamped and have no time, unless of course the set is in dire need of being photographed.
Happy IBX-ing ya'll

p.s. I should correct to say, I have had over 50 IBX services, timings improve after the initial service, and you cruise through all their next appts :)
Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Jim N: This is fantastic news! Made my day...continued success

What are all you mobile therapists using for your heat? Trying to find something lightweight and small. Don't want anything bulky, my kit is too big already!x

Jim N: We are testing a compact unit with Louella Belle. Will keep you posted!

I think your question has already been answered but I just wanted to add that I don't buff before the Gelish application, as I don't find it necessary. My clients don't have any lifting issues through this. Have you tried it?

I have advised my clients to have a package of three treatments and then we would re asses their nails and see how often they might need the treatment. As soon as they have the first treatment, they can see the difference! This makes it easier to encourage them to carry on with it.

By then, I'm sure we will have more reports from fellow geeks whether the IBX needs to be applied with every Gelish service.

Jim N: I think this is great advice. Wanted to let you know we have been testing NO buffing prior to applying gel polish with excellent results. Specifically under Gellish, Gel Color and Shellac. If you do buff, a very small amount of the IBX will come off the surfede, but the vast majority will be IN the nail. Since IBX is a permanent addition, it will grow out with the nail.

I applied my ibx last Monday but my thumb nails still looks fairly unhealthy and split, do I apply the repair again or just the ibx as it's my 2nd application. X

Sent from my ST23i using SalonGeek mobile app

Jim N: if you send me your email, I will havee Linda answer (sorry, but in a rush right now!)

I honestly think that the only way to throw away scepticism is to TRY the product.
When I saw her nails 2 hours ago I was floored and speechless. I simply cannot comprehend the amount of nail growth in a short amount of time and they look and feel healthy. It is so amazing!
This is a complete game changer as I can just see the hordes of women ditching gels and acrylics.
When I think about it though I find I have to file my own nails daily because it seems they grow over night with IBX.
I am starting to better understand why companies that do not have this product feel the need to compare or question its effectiveness, there is nothing like it out there and thumbs up to the developers :thumbup::thumbup:

Sent from my SGH-I337M using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1394141380826.jpg
    1394141380826.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 301

Latest posts

Back