IBX-thoughts?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PurpleErn

Reaction score
Does anyone have any views or experiences with IBX? Would love to hear them. Thanks.

Personally I find it fantastic and so far 90% of my clients that are using it have seen an improvement in just two treatments the rest after about 3-4 if you search for IBX restore and repair on the search box there is a massive thread on here xxxx

I love IBX and have had great success with it with lots of clients. It really does do the job it says it does. I was extremely sceptical when I bought it but am now absolutely convinced, it's fab.

It's probably one of the best new products to have been launched recently and I predict it's going to win lots of awards this year! It really does do what it says, and more and more clients are hearing about it and specifically requesting it.

I've only started IBX after Christmas so I'm still in trail mode. I have a lady who hasn't noticed any difference after 2 treatments should I be worried or will it take the full 4 to see anything?
Also do most of you do a manicure/shellac after or do you offer it as a standalone treatment?
Sorry for jumping on the thread!

I offer it as a pre treatment to Shellac. To be honest, my clients repair rate varies.

One if my ladies saw an immediate improvement on her first treatment. She had repair and normal IBX together and the delamination looked repaired immediately. She was delighted.

However, I also had a lady in her 70's (I don't know if age is a factor) who is only just starting to see improvements after her third treatment. She's really hard on her hands though and is preparing 5 dogs for Crufts cleaning them out and looking after horses daily.

Don't give up on it. It's fantastic. Are you using repair as well as IBX?

Yes using repair. Following the treatment exactly as recommended. I'm doing it every week & she is just getting a manicure with it. This week would have been the third treatment. I know I'm being a little bit impatient but I thought I'd see some improvement by the second treatment. Nails are still quiet bendy & weak. She hasn't seen any difference either.
I won't give up though don't worry. I'm sure it's fantastic judging by the reviews on here.

I've just started using it and only had it once on my own nails. I just don't feel it does anything because I see nothing on the nails. So I'm finding that difficult. I'm going to persevere though!

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1424526108.012708.jpg

You can see the result straight away on peeling nails , these are my nails after just one treatment

I think it's important to give clients realistic expectations , most think this is a once off miracle cure for even the most damaged nails . it's not

I tell clients it binds peeling layers together but further pressure on the nail will re damage them so proper aftercare is a must !

most clients can really see the difference but they can all feel the difference . nails feel stronger and also repel water and don't get soft in shower etc

How much stronger do your nail nails seem ?

Is this ideal for weak nails? Mine have always been weak and very thin. Even with gel polish they don't seem to have any adde strength to them, if they do it seems to last only a few days before they feel thin and bend easily again

It is the best nail repairing and strengthening treatment I have ever used. Follow the instructions and advise your clients to be realistic. Having done 2 or 3 treatments doesn't mean they get to stop taking care of their hands. Heck, I give $hit to my clients for misusing their hands regardless of how many treatments they have had. The truth is, you will know those that use oil regularly and a nail file to gently file away at the free edge and those that pick away at the first sign of a nail break and never use oil.
It is teamwork. I have been offering the treatment for over a year and I still have many clients from then that do a "top up" every month or so. Think of it like colouring your roots :)
I feel there is no one answer for when their nails will get better. Some quicker and some slower based on many factors but ongoing maintenance is key.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using SalonGeek mobile app

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1424532862.597955.jpg
These are my nails done today (my first go at ibx) and I'm thrilled. They were in a right state and have been peeling terribly, they are also very weak and flexible so this has worked brilliantly for me :)

I have to say I use it on my clients and they see results
On myself it doesn't seem to work , ive used around 4 treatment s
When I first do them they look great , 3 days later ( when you are supposed to see and feel and improvements) they split vertically
Im really pleased for my clients but wished it done the same for me :(

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
My nails as soon as I done them , look fab , 3 days later splits appear

Attachments

• 1424535315555.jpg
    1424535315555.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 194
My nails as soon as I done them , look fab , 3 days later splits appear

This is exactly what my clients nails look like. I did her fourth treatment yesterday & I'm very disappointed with the results. They look brilliant when applied but peeling has reappeared by the next treatment & she hasn't noticed any difference either.
On the plus side I could notice a difference after the first treatment to another ladies nails when she came for her second treatment. So hopefully I will have some luck with this lady.

I too have only just started using IBX but have had great results! Stronger better looking clients nails... I have just got to find some time to try it on my own nails x

Can I assume IBX is fine to use under vinylux nail polish?

View attachment 82642
These are my nails done today (my first go at ibx) and I'm thrilled. They were in a right state and have been peeling terribly, they are also very weak and flexible so this has worked brilliantly for me :)
Fantastic before & after picture

Latest posts

Back