IBX vs Brisa Lite Smoothing?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sophistikatedn

Reaction score
Hi fellow geeks, looking for your thoughts on these two products.
Obviously I'm aware the new louella belle IBX system is not currently out yet but I'm debating whether to go for this product over CNDs Brisa lite smoothing power partner to Shellac?

I am CND through and through but I've been reading rave reviews about IBX and wanted people's input.
Reason I ask is I've got a client that suffers with lifting and leuconychia on her nail plates and I really want a nourishing system that will make her service last. She regularly uses her solar oil too!
I don't doubt Cnd will fail to deliver this but just wanted some feedback from those that have used it. Think I may need to wait until after the shows launch of IBX to see its proof in the pudding as such?

Many Thanks for your time guys x

* lifting of her shellac service not lifting of her nail plates

They are two different products really. Why not get both?! Neither are particularly expensive to invest in and have their different advantages and different uses.

I have brisa smoothing and would not be without it. The main advantages to me are that I can use it to create customer colour mixes and it generally gives my clients an extra 7 days wear out of their shellac.

In my experience Brisa Smoothing though is not enough for those really tough clients who are prone to lifting or have very thin weak flexible nails. It may give them a little extra wear but it doesn't really solve the problem. These are the clients that are probably better suited to L&P services.....

Time will tell if the IBX system is an alternative for these clients but the signs are looking good. As you say it has only just had it's soft launch so it's a bit early to say! Head over to the main nail forums and there are a few IBX threads running to find out more.

can you please tell me what you use to add color to your gels???

can you please tell me what you use to add color to your gels???

CND Additives usually. Sometimes Mica and sometimes I throw a bit of glitter in there! As long as your keep the ratio below 30% it works great with Brisa Lite!

Thank you syncage I really appreciate what you're saying!
I have bitten the bullet and investing in both systems. Cnd smoothing and IBX. I really think the IBX will benefit my particular client I was writing about in previous post.
She would benefit from l & p but she has good medium length nails and loves shellac.

Can you take me through a step by step way you make up your custom mixes with your additives or glitter.
I have not really experimented in mixing yet but would love to try!
How do you achieve the 30% mix you mentioned?

Thanks again :)

What are everyone's thoughts on this now IBX is out there? I was also about to buy the Brisa Lite but also want the IBX. So is Brisa lite for those that cannot get their shellac to last but have no damage to the nails, and IBX for those who have peeling splitting? (I'm aware you can also wear IBX on its own)......so confused! Want to be able to correctly distinguish between the two products and advise my clients correctly, if anyone could clarify that would be great thanks :)

I use Brisa Lite smoothing on clients who have nails with grooves and ridges, or those who are just after a bit of added strength to their Shellac. It does seem to make Shellac last longer than 2 weeks. IBX is what I would suggest to my clients with splitting, peeling, chipping, weak nails that need more than just something over the top make them better. Both smoothing gel and ibx can be offered on their own or underneath another treatment. IBX has been very appealing to my natural nails clients. The idea of it just being there and doing its thing, and them not having to come back and spend extra time on soaking off anything is ideal for them.

I would say that your analogy JemimaFox is exactly right. I agree with you Chickafish too! This is what I will be going by with my clients. BL for smoothing ridges and added strength and IBX for splitting and damage etc.
I think both are well worth investing in. 😉

I would say that your analogy JemimaFox is exactly right. I agree with you Chickafish too! This is what I will be going by with my clients. BL for smoothing ridges and added strength and IBX for splitting and damage etc.
I think both are well worth investing in. 😉

Haing trialled IBX over a couple of weeks, I would also say with 2+ treatments I'm finding massive improvements in grooves and strength. It is also great for preventing dehydration and peeling as well as repairing damage. I now look on BL as an instant but temporary fix whereas IBX takes a little longer bit gives a permanent solution. I still think both are necessary :)

IBX is applied but is not visible on the nail as its working within the natural nail to protect & repair nail problems. IBX is not removable but smoothing gel is wrapped and removed like CND Shellac. Brisa Lite smoothing gel is a clear gel which smoothes the imperfections of the natural nail also giving extra strength.
To the OP you mix a very small ratio of additive to Smoothing gel, no more than 30% additive to 70% gel.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back