If we no longer had a Chit Chat forum, would you miss it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

tonicj

Hope it's ok to post this!

Yes, I would! Things have got so heated recently, that I could understand if the Chit Chat forum were to shut down! Maybe we should all think of ways to avoid this, by posting topics that are unlikely to get a harsh response. I have recently had to close 2 threads, and on reflection I could have worded one of them better, and the other dangerous dog thread, well, again maybe it was always going to turn nasty at some point. So, if you enjoy the Chit Chat Forum, then maybe think of what it would be like if we didn't have it (hypothetically speaking, of course)! What are your thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope it's ok to post this!

Yes, I would! Things have got so heated recently, that I could understand if the Chit Chat forum were to shut down! Maybe we should all think of ways to avoid this, by posting topics that are unlikely to get a harsh response. I have recently had to close 2 threads, and on reflection I could have worded one of them better, and the other dangerous dog thread, well, again maybe it was always going to turn nasty at some point. So, if you enjoy the Chit Chat Forum, then maybe think of what it would be like if we didn't have it! What are your thoughts?

In all honesty TJ I probably would benefit from it being removed, once I get started I find it hard to remove myself from it (purely as I am weak). ha ha. It is life wasting!

Everyone has different opinions and a forum like this is bound to cause disagreement. You will never stop this from happening with all the good will in the world. It would be very uninteresting if we all had the same views on things, the more interesting the topic the more diverse response I say. Keep the interesting threads coming...(Preferably threads without kids being mentioned, they are not my favorite past time). :lol: - see that comment alone will cause me some discomfort I'm sure! ha ha

Chit Chat is an integral part of this site and it has never even crossed anyone's mind that it would be shut down.

Chit Chat is the much needed staff room in a busy salon where we come to unwind, chat, have a laugh and put the world to rights, and get to know our colleagues a bit better.

What's not to love about that :)

I think I would miss chit chat. Ive had good advice from chit chat such as where to buy the best jeans and tips on how to stop shaking from nerves. Because Im relatively new to the industry I can participate in chit chat more so than the other forums at the moment.xxx

In all honesty TJ I probably would benefit from it being removed, once I get started I find it hard to remove myself from it (purely as I am weak). ha ha. It is life wasting!

Everyone has different opinions and a forum like this is bound to cause disagreement. You will never stop this from happening with all the good will in the world. It would be very uninteresting if we all had the same views on things, the more interesting the topic the more diverse response I say. Keep the interesting threads coming...(Preferably threads without kids being mentioned, they are not my favorite past time). :lol: - see that comment alone will cause me some discomfort I'm sure! ha ha

Ha, I posted the recent kids one for a bit of fun. With regard this thread, I was interested to know how much people would miss Chit Chat! I was hypothetically speaking of course!!

I think I'd die of boredom! I'm already upset the blogs had to go. I honestly don't have many friends I can chit chat with about the things I get into on here. :lol:

I would miss chit chat! I enjoy reading the random threads and especially love all the pet ones and found some other ones really helpful e.g. there was one on anxiety. I am a bit bored at the moment waiting to move house and get my business up and running so whilst I'm in this limbo the chit chat forum is great

Xx

It stops me doing the things I should be doing, so five minutes before my husband walks in the door, I am running with the hoover - I seem to be able to hold the duster in one foot, wash up with the other, put the washing on and get tea on the go all in the space of five minutes...it's great! I just hope he doesn't ask me what I've been doing all day, I couldn't tell the truth - I'd feel guilty. :lol: Note to self: Get a life!

On that note I have better start running!

It stops me doing the things I should be doing, so five minutes before my husband walks in the door, I am running with the hoover - I seem to be able to hold the duster in one foot, wash up with the other, put the washing on and get tea on the go all in the space of five minutes...it's great! I just hope he doesn't ask me what I've been doing all day, I couldn't tell the truth - I'd feel guilty. :lol: Note to self: Get a life!

On that note I have better start running!

You could look at it from another angle... look at how fast you can get through things! I do the same on my off days, but not necessarily all my time was spent on SG. It's a split between SG, gaming, and random googling. When asked what I've been up to all my my answer is "Oh ya know... just stuff."

I love the chit chat section... To be honest I love when it gets a bit heated and people are passionate!
Would be gutted if it had to go!!!

I love the chit chat section... To be honest I love when it gets a bit heated and people are passionate!
Would be gutted if it had to go!!!

I know what you mean, but not when it gets nasty though!

I know what you mean, but not when it gets nasty though!

Yeah there is a difference! When it's nasty I bow out usually!!

Not that I ever post on it, so no I wouldn't miss it. I think that by having chit chat on a site like this it means your NEVER really away from work. I think to unwind from work you need to go out and actually remove yourself from anything to do with work (including other professionals). Hope this makes sense!

Emily :) xx

Can't say I read it much, and don't often comment on it much, but that said, I like the fact that you can read through and pick up a little bit on people's personalities.

Vicki x

Have always loved chit-chat, and used to love the blogs.

Don't stop posting thought-provoking threads, Tonicj! It's great to debate. Sometimes they are used for a vehicle to settle scores,I suspect, and that's wrong, but it's good to see things from a range of viewpoints.

I like to have a look at chit chat.I do think sometimes there is a tendency for some to say something in a very blunt way that they know is a bit outrageous and is going to be provocative just for a reaction.I know people in real life like this as friends and you can often argue it out in a humorous sometimes heated way and its all good and we are all friends again but that tends not to happen on a forum people get upset and just leave or the threads get closed.
I just don't see the point of always trying to be confrontational its a very stressful way to live your life.

I'd much prefer a pro only forum if I'm honest.

I'd miss it because I am sometimes left alone at work and it's like having some girlie chat when I need it.

Chit chat offers the option of within the realm of beauty or way off topic. So one can take their pick or ignore it altogether. It is clearly defined and now that the blogs have gone, it is more appreciated than ever IMHO.

Last edited:
Did someone say 'life wasting' ? Virtues ? You're right, but I LOVE IT. I spend far too much time on here if I'm not careful, but it's bonding, so I have to treat it like my G&T at the end of the day, drop in and don't stay too long, tempting as it is ! :Love:

Latest posts

Back