Ignorance and wrong info to mass clientele market

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailpod

Reaction score
Hello ladies I have just booked into a health hydro retreat (yes I feel super spoilt)
And listening to the general guests who are speaking about certain beauty treatments. For once I am not the therapist so I sit in and listen.

I cannot believe how nieve and gullible clients are! They all like sheep. And these are intelligent and educated woman!

The worst comment I just had to chirp up!
Oh have you heard how bad gel is for you the spa refuses to remove it because they don't know HOW to remove it if it isn't OPI gel colour?

Next point : have you heard that acrylic nails is banned in the uk now. I can't believe people putting poison on their nails it's terrible. (Said by half ladies who have noooooo idea their own nails are acrylic and have gel toes)

I eventually popped up and said : so sorry ladies but where did you hear this information, because it is wrong.
My reply was : it can't be wrong it's in the uk how would you know what rules are in uk? And we got info from a friend who read article on Internet.

wOW you know is all I can say.

Beauty at your finger tips!

Doesn't it just make your blood boil ! I would have loved to get up there and put the world to right. The twits !

You want to hear the rubbish my fellow students (beauty level 2) spout at college, not just amongst themselves but to the clients. I nearly choked when a student working next to me was telling his client how her nails had to breathe!

There's enough bad info spouted on here in the hair forum at times. I'm getting immune to it. The mods try and help, but as we have no hair mod, they let some really dangerous advice sit until it's reported, and some daft notions stay for evermore.
So I'm not surprised at your experience at the spa.

Well well today was another very interesting day : one old duck pipes up and says to the other older duck! U know what ur problem is )yes do go on while the rest of us take notes) u need to go on a parasite detox!
My daughter in law was told by her herbal doctor and it worked I sure that why ur so tired. (Never mind it's a detox health hydro that is why she is tired)
And they all going off and apparently you just need one once off tablet to cure everything . Not a course just one.
Again I said err no worms once off won't work if u never dewormed urself u need a 3 day or 6 day course and follow up with once off tablet every 6months.
Oh rubbish now days u just need one tablet.

I ask u!!
No wonder we live in a country who votes in a president who thinks a shower can cure HIV.

Oh my soul.
There is no hope ...

Who in their right mind would give themselves worms to lose weight ....lazy do nothing all day with too much money people that's who! Ahhhh!

Whahahahahaha u made me laugh!
Yes exactly . I was taking about getting rid of worms actually not giving urself worms but another lady said she wanted tape worm to loose weight that's when I excised myself from the table.
😷

For threadworms the doctor just prescribes a one off tablet, you can choose to repeat it after 2 weeks if you want to or just practice good hand hygiene to prevent reinfection (my daughter has had them twice from toddler group, yuck!)

I don't believe in all these "drink your own wee, eat nothing but cabbage and howl at the moon" detoxes though!

Ewwww

It goes on in every profession and hopefully its not going to kill anyone.
I've recently learnt quite a lot about various medications now there is a worrying thing.

I was on a professional nail forum thing on facebook the other day and professionals (I use the term loosely) were actually making posters to put in their salons to say they only sculpt because nail adhesive is terribly dangerous (turned out they didn't tip because they never learned, and thought it was the best way to explain why they sculpt)

I did point out that they were spouting utter rubbish and lying to clients is not a good idea, but I was pounced upon swiftly so I made a quick exit!! Whatever next!

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Hearing people say how dangerous acrylic nails are amazes me. I had a randomer comment on a photo i posted of my lovely full set of fibreglass tip and overlay on Instagram saying "you do know this acrylic will wreck your nails don't you? They look nice tho" I did respond explaining they weren't my nails and it was not acyrlic - which doesn't wreck the nail either - but improper care and incorrect removal i.e just painfully biting or picking them off causes damage. It fell on deaf ears when HE decided to argue with me! I took the pic down and reposted it in the end. I was very proud of that set it was my first ever one! I think the confusion often comes from people going to NSS places or who have had bad experiences with actual illegal products meant for dentures and such.

Sent from my GT-S5830i using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back