Igora steel/grey/metallic toner?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me too it was a few months ago faded now but I use the expert mousse to bring it back :)
Did you put the mixed colour over the natural top section? If yes what's it faded out like?

Did you put the mixed colour over the natural top section? If yes what's it faded out like?
Yes!!! I'm a very flat base 7 naturally and it's faded perfectly I'll try and get another pic.......

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1431938618.430030.jpg
. This was when fading. My root has come in lovely and natural like subtle root pull - ps it needs done im just too busy lol!!

Yep! This is a couple of months down the line. It's literally the hardest tone to keep in though, and Igora are all green based colours so I do find their ash cendre and violets the best! Bear in mind my pre lightened ends aren't in the best condition either [emoji85]

Yep! This is a couple of months down the line. It's literally the hardest tone to keep in though, and Igora are all green based colours so I do find their ash cendre and violets the best! Bear in mind my pre lightened ends aren't in the best condition either [emoji85]

I really do like igoras cool colours... But nothing beats illumina.

Haha I'm the opposite I love illumina but I think igora beats it.

I think that might be cause igoras a denser.

But illumina is more natural compared to igora i reckon.

Yes true! I tend not to use Igora in the same way as illumina. I mainly use illumina as a toner it's beautiful - I have used as a tint a few times though with lovely results. I was just saying in another thread I find illumina can be transparent and not as pigmented if that's makes sense - all depends on desired result but hats off to wella with it it shines like no other!!

Yes true! I tend not to use Igora in the same way as illumina. I mainly use illumina as a toner it's beautiful - I have used as a tint a few times though with lovely results. I was just saying in another thread I find illumina can be transparent and not as pigmented if that's makes sense - all depends on desired result but hats off to wella with it it shines like no other!!

Yeah you're right.

But that was one of the main focal points of illumina was for it to be translucent... Because natural hair colour is translucent. Whereas other permanent lines are opaque and pigments are much denser but illuminas are more scattered. It depends what kind of results you want really too as to what product you use!

Ahhh I see!!! Hands up who didn't do wella training!!! I just dabble in it from working with diff stylists! That explains it all!

View attachment 187532 this was my own hair - im a natural base 7 hair had previously been pre lightened highlights grown out left 8-11 and 6-12 equal parts to 3% on for a good 45mins (I wanted a darker colour as knew it would fade out beautifully) you could try the same with a different ratio though
What ratio of developer did you use with this? Love it!

I used 9.5-22 + 0-11 + e-1 + 8-11 mixture for this from what I can remember

Attachments

• 1432331895866.jpg
    1432331895866.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 212
9.5-22 + 9.5-1 + 0.22 with 7 vol

Attachments

• 1432332043987.jpg
    1432332043987.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 232
Those are lovely jaymz

Attachments