Igora steel/grey/metallic toner?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1451674405.010507.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1451674437.229003.jpg

I applied it onto dry hair and processed for 35mins x

Let me know how you get on with the new colours please?
Hi iam wondering if you could help me my clients wants a grey colour i have got the dove grey in the igora range my clients hair is about a base 9 /10 tint its not bleached do u think this colour would stilll take even though its not bleached

Hi iam wondering if you could help me my clients wants a grey colour i have got the dove grey in the igora range my clients hair is about a base 9 /10 tint its not bleached do u think this colour would stilll take even though its not bleached
It needs to be clean no yellow otherwise it could go a mucky khaki colour if the dove grey is blue based which I am unsure of x

I haven't used dove grey but have read on here it is very dark, I agree with Lauren you need a clean base. The silver from that range is a lot lighter it's lovely but again you really need a clean base.

Schwarzkopf have actually specifically released a line in Igora Absolutes for greys/silvers? They've got steel grey, silver, grey/violet and dove grey? Really confusing, my rep told me they're a Demi, but part of the Igora absolutes and to be used with Igora 3%? I got a sample of steel grey and trying it on my partner tonight! You can also mix them with just conditioner instead of 3% for a less dramatic result. Or they can be used completely on their own like a direct dye

When you say conditioner do touch an normal hair conditioner with the slate grey ????

Yep! This is a couple of months down the line. It's literally the hardest tone to keep in though, and Igora are all green based colours so I do find their ash cendre and violets the best! Bear in mind my pre lightened ends aren't in the best condition either [emoji85]

Could I please ask why putting green based ash toners doesn’t turn hair khaki when using on pre lightened hair? I know if the blonde is clean enough (no warm tones) but you’re always taught that if you put ash on white hair it would go green? Xx

Latest posts

Back