Igora steel/grey/metallic toner?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, I've never used igora before so forgive me if this is a stupid question, rather ask those who know
I'm 'bronde' atm, base 6 with soft golden 8 highlights. I want to keep similar level but take out warmth. I've tried brands I know but not getting results I want from them.
Before I go down more invasive route I would like to see if anyone can recommend a toner that may help? Would 8-29 do anything?
Thanks

I don't know igora colours but it won't touch any of your warmth on your level 6 base. And if your not noticing a change using a level 8 your highlights may not be a level 8 x

Thought I'd give an update.
I used igora royal metallic 8-29 put on dry for approx 20mins. I'm really pleased with the result, It took out quite a fair amount of warmth, as we know ash appears a little darker but for me I don't mind because it is a much nicer/cleaner colour.
I am definitely going to use this as a toner on darker blondes or as a tint to give a flatter tone on warm hair.

Schwarzkopf have actually specifically released a line in Igora Absolutes for greys/silvers? They've got steel grey, silver, grey/violet and dove grey? Really confusing, my rep told me they're a Demi, but part of the Igora absolutes and to be used with Igora 3%? I got a sample of steel grey and trying it on my partner tonight! You can also mix them with just conditioner instead of 3% for a less dramatic result. Or they can be used completely on their own like a direct dye

Schwarzkopf have actually specifically released a line in Igora Absolutes for greys/silvers? They've got steel grey, silver, grey/violet and dove grey? Really confusing, my rep told me they're a Demi, but part of the Igora absolutes and to be used with Igora 3%? I got a sample of steel grey and trying it on my partner tonight! You can also mix them with just conditioner instead of 3% for a less dramatic result. Or they can be used completely on their own like a direct dye
Let me know how you get on with the new colours please?

Were you pleased with the result? Any pics?

Were you pleased with the result? Any pics?

I asked in Alan Howard about these yesterday, they were only made for natural grey hair apparently?

I'm sure I read in the capital hair and beauty mag that it's for prelightened hair too. But I'll double check that! I was gonna get some to experiment with, I like the look of slate grey and the lilacy one.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1446622368.592555.jpg

Grey lilac on level 9
Dove grey is dark, I feel around a 6
Yet to try out slate.

Attachments

• 1446625879812.jpg
    1446625879812.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 328
That's gorgeous!

Attachments

• 1446632280569.jpg
    1446632280569.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 98
I tried the slate grey the other night (even though a certain person here warned me!) On my prelightened hair and within about 7mins it was jet black. Like a base one! I only had some ammonia free lightener at home so it stubbonly lifted out eventually to a yellow undercoat. I had some illumina 8/69 so used that which neutralised a lot of the yellow, but I prefere a dark/metallic grey so I went ahead and retoned with the grey lilac this morning for about 7 mins and I am happy with the colour now!!
ZAkC8R5.jpg

It was a close shave wasn't it???!!! Did make me have a giggle.

Latest posts

Back