Illumina 9/ for client tomorrow?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nixxxy

Reaction score
Hi!

Need help please, I've got a colour tomorrow. I'm new to Illumina, I don't know why I've never used it! My salon I left a few years ago never stocked it.

I'm mobile it was a last minute booking, I bought the dye today & have no other time now to change the dye as she's booked in at 8am tomorrow haha.. But I've got plenty of Koleston.

So my client wants a light natural blonde, I've chosen 9/ as it looked like the best choice in the chart to what pic she'd sent me.
She's got virgin hair, 70% grey all over. I wasn't sure how the other tones in the range work with grey hairs in Illumina.

As I remember years ago using 9/7 Koleston and it went mauve!! (Absolute nightmare) So I just tend to stick to flat base 99/0 with my lighter clients who have white/grey in their Regrowth.

Would 9/ be ok to use on its own without mixing anything else?

Thankssss :)

It's going to be a lot cooler than if you used a 9 in koleston, and 9's don't give 100% coverage, but I don't think that's a bad thing.

You say she is 70% grey but what's her natural? And why if you had a problem with illumina before did you buy another tube, then doubt yourself?

Latest posts

Back