I'm a newbie.. couple of questions x

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ctedds

Reaction score
hiya all, i've returned to work from having a baby and at the minute all of my clients come to my house as its so much easier.. they all dont seem to mind..
basically i want to advertise to pick up some more business, am i best to leave it to word of mouth because i do it in my house?? i dont drive at the minute am currently having driving lessons. my hubby is willing to drop me to do mobile if i wanted.. what do you all think is best?
thankyou, chelsea x:)

No of course not, just state on your leaflets or advert that it is a home business.
I am mobile, and yet when people call up they still ask do they come to me or I go to them.
:)
xox

:)thankyou sarah x

i do a few clients at mine aswell as go to there homes, the only thing you need to do is make sure your public liability insurance covers you for home use, and check out your home insurance that you can run a bissness from home id hate for you to get sued and not be covered xxx

Don't advertise your address on the leaflets either, as you'll have clients turning up out of the blue. I had a client turn up at my house as she was discussing one of my treatments with her friend, who turned out to be my neighbour, and she turned up on my doorstep as she lost my number! If you don't have the correct work from home insurance then your main insurance will be invalidated so if someone breaks into your house the insurance company may not pay out

thankyou. i wasnt going to put my address just my area then give people my address once the booking was confirmed..
which insurance would cover me working from home.. my public liability or my home insurance, sorry for all the questions x

thankyou. i wasnt going to put my address just my area then give people my address once the booking was confirmed..
which insurance would cover me working from home.. my public liability or my home insurance, sorry for all the questions x

Contact whoever insures you now and ask them what would happen if you decided to work from home, they will tell you if it will invalidate your insurance. If it does then you need to phone around the major companies who offer working from home policies and ask them to quote on buildings and contents insurance too.

Your public and treatment liability may cover you to do the treatments but won't cover your buildings and contents. It is this that you need to worry about.

ok thankyou, i shall give them a call :)

Latest posts

Back